𝟞. (🍋)

How did it come to that ? My fate had been sealed for thousands of years and there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't just sign out of my cursed family. I hated them. I hated them for creating such a destiny for us all. This necklace was just delaying the inevitable. I don't think I could handle what Sukuna had in store for me, I could barely handle what I was witnessing.

"How do you like my gift sweetheart ?" smirked Sukuna. Aaron looked at him, then at me, incomprehension and tears in his eyes. I could see blood on his swollen face.

"Why did you hurt him ?" I half screamed at Sukuna.

He pointed at himself in surprise. "Me ? Hurt him ? I'm innocent." he was now laughing. "Ren did while he questioned him."

My head started spinning.

Ren did that ?

I came to a realisation. I was weak. I was so weak I searched for comfort wherever I could. I was weak in front of Sukuna because I knew deep down he had an effect on me I was too ashamed to acknowledge. I knew I appreciated Ren more than I should, thinking that because he is kind, he was an ally. I had to suck it up.

Sukuna broke the silence between us. "Do you remember the dream you had?" he questioned.

I nodded. It wasn't even a dream, I was just confused.

"I sent Ren to do a little digging and, turns out -" he pointed at Aaron. "He's the only boyfriend you ever had. It was him in your dream wasn't it?"

I stayed silent. I couldn't lie to him. I was afraid for Aaron and for myself, but I was getting tired of playing the good girl.

"Is it complicated for you to understand that I could be confused after only a day after you kidnapped me ?" I spit at him. "Or did you expect me to forget everything after having met the Oh So Godly King Sukuna ?" I glanced at him and I knew my eyes reflected the rage building in me.

"Watch your tone, Y/n." it was the first time he used my name, I didn't even know he was aware of it.

"Watch your ego, Sukuna." I snapped. "You're too full of yourself."

If I was going to get tortured until I gave up, I was going to put up a fight. When I met him in the alley, I walked toward him expecting to die. I'll do it again.

"I'm gonna kill him, and then I'm gonna kill you." he menaced.

"You can't kill me. Liar." I accused. "As long as I have that -" I said holding my necklace. "You can't."

He chuckled, and paused. Silence would have filled the room if not for Aaron still trying to talk. In a flash, Sukuna cut two of Aaron's fingers off. Blood splashed and Aaron was screaming against the cloth in his mouth. I gasped and clenched my fists. I wanted to scream, I wanted to puke, I wanted to go to Aaron and get him out of here. He cheated on me, sure, but nobody deserved that, nobody. I tried as hard as I could to keep a straight face. I needed to be strong, way stronger than I was if I wanted to stand a chance against the King.

"I didn't lie." he said calmly. "One day, I'll kill you. But I'll start with him." his beautiful face was distorted by his evil smirk, two little eyes appeared below each of his eyes.

"Something is bothering me." I said. "You don't make sense."

He raised an eyebrow. I took a deep breath, and gambled.

"The day I nearly got raped... When I hit you and insulted you, you froze. You didn't hit me back. And you could have, since you could have healed any damage you would have dealt."