𝟜.

I could feel the warmth of his body next to me. Aaron is always so warm, I thought, smiling to myself. I fumbled about, my hands searching for him while I was still half asleep, eyes closed. When my fingertips finally found their way to his chest, he seized my hand.

"Let me touch you, you like it when I do." I groaned, brushing off some drool at the corner of my mouth. I never thought my mattress to be this comfy, I haven't slept this good in ages. The sheets felt like silk against my naked chest, brushing my nipples. I shifted to face Aaron who was still firmly holding my hand and slowly opened my eyes.

"Tell me woman, who likes it when you touch him ?" he articulated, in a threatening tone.

Everything came back to me in a flash. Being under the impression that the bed was sinking below me, I jerked abruptly to catch the sheets not to fall off. Aaron wasn't in the silky bed which didn't even belonged to me. Sukuna was. He was lying down on his side, holding himself on his elbows. I grabbed the sheets to cover myself and quickly sat up.

"I..I was..." I stuttered. "I was dreaming, I'm sorry." I mumbled apologetically before I could ask myself why he was lying next to me.

"Oh. Dreaming." he sneered. "Who was starring in it ?"

I struggled to come up with something as he was piercing my soul with his glowing red eyes.

"...You !" I blurted out like the imbecile I was. I internally screamed.

What he did next was unexpected. He snapped his fingers and a black textbook appeared in his hand. He placed himself on his belly and started writing something with a grin. I was stoically looking at him.

"What are you -"

"Shush."

I sat cross legged, not sure what I was supposed to do right now. I wanted to go away. I wanted to go home. My boyfriend problems seemed futile compared to what was happening to me right now. I found myself hoping this was all a dream. I pinched my cheek, but I unfortunately didn't wake up from my nightmare.

He waved his little textbook in front of me.

"Do you remember what you said to me yesterday?" he questioned with a smirk.

I rewinded the events of yesterday's evening. The moment Ren saved me, the moment he covered my bloodied body and carried me to the King's chambers. The moment when Sukuna arrived and the moment when I hit Sukuna. I gasped. Oh fucking fuck. I'm gonna fucking die. I hit him, and insulted him and said so much shit. I knew he could see my eyes reflecting the overwhelming fear I was feeling, I started to panic.

"Fuck you, I hate you" he quoted with his hand, faking shock.

I froze in place, unable to get away from his snaring gaze. I instinctively started to mouth out an unintelligible apology. I couldn't word anything. He didn't pay attention to me and kept talking.

"I've spent some time watching you sleeping oh so peacefully, imagining how I was going to break you, like I did your ancestors for thousands of years." he sniggered, my blood ran cold. 

"I got quite excited and almost lost control, so I wrote down each idea that came in mind meticulously in that -" he said, pointing at his silly textbook.

"... and I just thought of something else when you lied to me about that dream of yours."

I didn't have words. I didn't know what to do. I woke up in another nightmare, thinking the worst had passed after he healed me yesterday. An oppressing feeling took over my chest thinking of him taking care of me when I was wounded. Of course he didn't do that to help me, he did that to help himself. He wasn't angry because I was hurt, he was angry because somebody other than him hurt me. I clenched the sheets against my chest when I realised how dumb and naive I was. Deep down, I honestly thought he could be kind to me, and I hung on this supposition for comfort, for hope. I did that to keep my sanity, and returning to my reality was painful. Tears fell down my right eye, but my face was expressionless.