𝟟.

"Let me down." I said sharply, breaking the silence that was lingering between Ren and me while he was carrying me across the maze that was the castle.

He let me down on my feet.

"Tell me where the exit is, I'll go by myself."

I didn't want to stay with him more. I was embarrassed of my state, I was angry at him for participating in Sukuna's little game, for hitting Aaron and being nice with me when he shouldn't. If he's gonna play along with Sukuna twisted plans to torture me, him being nice to me was just confusing.

He sighed and reached for my arm, but I jerked away.

"No." I said firmly.

He stood in front of me. The corridor we were in was dark and narrow, so silent your voice was muffled when you talked.

"What's up with you ?" he asked.

"What's up with you ? You act nice and then go around doing Sukuna's bidding, hurting the people I care about in the process."

He frowned. "It's not that simple. We all have our circumstances."

"Don't go around and make excuses for your wrong doings." I sneered. "Don't be like that to me, because when you are, it hurts when you do something bad afterward." I whispered, looking down. I wanted to cry but I was too worn out to. My eyes were all dried up.

He lifted my head with his finger under my chin, and brushed my hair out of my face.

"I can't tell you why I'm doing this, yet."

"Tsk." I voiced out, looking away from him. "How did you find Aaron ?" I questioned.

He pondered a moment, as if he wasn't sure he should talk.

"When I carried you the first time and you fell asleep, I took your phone." Now it was his turn to look down. I didn't even think about my phone the whole time.

I stayed silent and started walking away from him. I was too on edge to deal with anything else tonight. I wanted to rest, spend a dreamless night.

"For all that's worth, I'm sorry." he apologized, following behind me.

"Don't be. I'm the one who's sorry. I'm the one who thought we could be friends." I sighed.

We walked without a word to the slave quarters, I started to walk faster toward the dorms we were in with Mana previously.

Ren grabbed my arm and I got caught in his eyes as I turned around to face him.

"I want to be." he let out, resolve in his ocean eyes.

"What?"

"Friends." he said, smiling.

I looked down and got away from his grip and started heading to the dorms. I couldn't let him get to me again.

"I can't explain the situation to you right now, so until I can , I'll tell you this." he said loud enough for me to hear. "Gojo."

I turned around one last time.

"My real name is Gojo."

I glanced at his pale face illuminated by the moonlight creeping through the night time clouds. His eyes were my kryptonite, I just couldn't resist them.

"Nice to meet you, Gojo."

-----

I woke up with a start from the loud timbal being hit in the corridor. People were quickly getting up from their thin mattress on the floor.