| 05 |

The Dragon's Gold

The next morning, EunAe is surprised when she hears a desperate knock on her door as the sun rises in the horizon, but she is even more surprised when she finds a panting Namjoon standing at her doorstep, hands on his knees as he takes in heavy, deep breaths.

"Are you okay Namjoon?" She worriedly asks, placing a hand on his shoulder as she crouches down to his level, but his response leaves her confused.

Taking in a few more breaths, the boy inhales deeply and stands right up, startling the girl who does the same.

Come on Namjoon. He tells himself. It's now or never.

"L-let's do it!" He blurts out, the girl tilting her head in confusion.

"W-what?" She asks waiting for him to finish catch his breath.

"Let's go on the quest." He says mustering the courage to look at her, fists clenched in determination.

Upon hearing this, her worried glance changes to one of pure surprise. "Y-you mean you want to go on the quest? Are you sure about that?" She asks, eyes wide as he nods.

"I want to go on a quest with you." He restates managing to give her a smile, his heart skipping a beat when she smiles back at him.

"Let's see what our quest is first and then we can decide okay?" She asks and he nods once more, trying to push his fear aside, heart pounding loudly on his chest as they head inside.

After gulping down a glass of water, Namjoon thanks her, the pair settling on the living room to open the scroll that would determine their fate.

His eyes follow her every move, Namjoon's knee bouncing up and down as the girl carefully unfolds the little scroll.

Before fully opening it, the partners exchange a nervous glance, EunAe taking a deep breath as she extends the paper scroll, a simple sentence written on it.

"Find the dragon's gold." EunAe reads aloud with a small frown. "What does that mean?" She asks, Namjoon scratching the back of his head as he thinks.

"I honestly don't know. I've never heard of it." He says pausing. "Does it say anything else?"

Letting a soft sigh, she shakes her head, handing him the piece of paper so that he can see it for himself.

"That's odd." He says placing the small piece of paper back on the table. "Do quests usually come with any instructions or clues?"

"I'm not sure." The girl says with a small shrug. "My friends never really mentioned anything about it, just that you'll find clues along the way."

"So what do we do?" He asks looking at her, her face deep in thought.

"We could look it up? See if there's anything in the books in your library maybe?"

"That's actually not a bad idea." He says with a smile. "It actually sounds like a fun project."

Standing up, Namjoon offers the girl a hand, which she gladly takes as she gets her things and follows him back into the forest, the cozy home waiting for them in the middle.

It had only been some hours since the girl last visited his home, but she already missed the place.

"Let's do this." He says with a determined glance, the girl nodding as she picks up the first book.

▼△▼△▼△▼

The pair lets out a simultaneous sigh as they place their books on the table, eyes slightly sore from reading all day.

"Anything?" Namjoon asks tilting his head back.

"Nothing." She says pressing the bridge of her nose. "You?"

"Nothing. Not a single book mentions it." He says, piles of books surrounding them as they lay down on the floor.

After hours of searching, they still hadn't found anything regarding the dragon's gold, and given the nature of the rareness of dragons, this didn't come as a surprise.

"Maybe we're taking it too literal?" EunAe says staring at the ceiling,mother boy humming in response as he thinks. "Or maybe we could try searching in the library?" She adds closing her eyes.

Out of all the quests, we had to get the unsolvable one. EunAe thinks to herself, letting out a long sigh that doesn't not go unnoticed by Namjoon.

"Tell you what," he says closing the book he was reading, "why don't we take a break and go for a walk? There's a place that I want to show you."

"A break sounds good." She says with a smile, standing up from her spot and joining him as he offers his arm. "I could use the fresh air."

"Then let's go." Namjoon says grabbing her hand as he rushes out the door, the mysterious quest soon left behind.

Hi lovelies! I know that this is a bit of a surprise but I wanted to share another update to thank you for patiently waiting

Hi lovelies! I know that this is a bit of a surprise but I wanted to share another update to thank you for patiently waiting. These past months have been busier so I'm still sticking to the schedule of updating at least once a month, however, if possible, I will try to update every other week in the future. As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you are all having a golden day, and if not, I hope this helped. 💛
~Van
(2021.01.15)