| 19 |

The will of a dragon

Namjoon and EunAe stand in front of the cave, foreheads pressed against each other as they stare at their hands, her hands fitting his like a mold.

Neither says a word but both know what they are thinking.

"Focus on your training." She says. "We'll be okay."

"I know." He says, chuckling as he says it.

She doesn't want to leave.

He can see it in her eyes.

But behind that same longing gaze, hides a strong determination, so with a heavy sigh, they break apart.

"I believe in you." She adds, tenderly cupping his cheek, forcing herself to look away from him.

Lately it has been hard to be away.

"See you later."

"Later." He repeats, filled with awe as she walks away.

She shines so bright.

How does she do that?

"There's more where that came from." Doryu says, smiling softly at the boy. "Come on. We better get started."

Namjoon nods, following him inside.

"If we're going to do this, I'm going to need you stop holding back. Give me everything you've got."

Swallowing hard, Namjoon focuses on what he wants, his goal clear in his mind.

Images of his family, his friends and her fill his mind, giving him the power he needs to push through.

He will get through this, for himself and for them.

A smirk forms on Doryu's face as the boy's eyes glow a golden color, his own staring back with a calm blue glow.

After hours of training, he sits by the rocks, letting out an exhausted sigh as Doryu hands him a glass of water, which he thirstily drinks.

"How are you feeling?" Doryu asks.

"I feel fine." Namjoon says, surprised by how good he feels. "If anything I'm starving."

"I could eat a whole mountain right now."

Doryu chuckles at that.

"I'm sure you could boy."

"I've never felt this hungry before." Namjoon adds, his brows furrowed.

"I think that's the dragon speaking." Doryu says. "Fortunately for you, I prepared ahead of time."

Namjoon raises a brow at that, a heavenly smell filling the air as Doryu pulls out a basket.

"Eat lots and regain your strength."

The meal is spent in silence, the wheels in Namjoon's head turning.