| 14 |

Danger

EunAe hasn't seen Namjoon ever since that day. Much like he said, he has been keeping mostly to himself.

The girl lets out a heavy sigh as she stares at the heavily forested horizon, her shoulders dropping as the sun sinks into the trees.

He's not coming.

With another sigh, she stands up and makes her way inside the house, heading to the kitchen where hopefully there is something for her to do. Something to help her get her mind off him.

"When was the last time you slept?" Taehyung asks when he sees her.

"Um, I don't know." She confesses. "I haven't been keeping track."

"I know, I know," she adds when Taehyung gives her a look, "I just can't sleep. There's a lot to think about."

"Want to talk about it?" He offers, "it might help."

"I appreciate the offer, but it's okay. We'll figure it out. We just need time."

"Taehyung dear," his grandmother interrupts, "would you mind giving us some space?"

"Of course." Taehyung says with a smile. "I'll be in my room if you need me."

"Thank you dear."

"Care to tell me what on your mind dear?" She asks once the boy is out of the kitchen.

"I just, I don't know. I want to reach out to him, but I know he needs time." She says.

"But at the same time, I feel like we should talk in order to get past this." She says, the grandmother taking her hand as she talks.

"I thought that by reading the notes, I could help him and get to understand him better, but I only made things worse. He must be dealing with so much on his own."

"It's a process sweetheart." Grandmother says, gently patting the girl's hand.

"What should I do granny?"

"It takes time to get to know the heart EunAe."

"Dragons are very complex creatures my dear, we will never truly understand them."

"We can only try and be there for them, listen when to them and try to help them in whatever way we can. Now I'm not saying that it's not possible, only that it takes time."

"Just like with people, every bond is different. Being bonded doesn't mean that everything is going to be perfect. You still need to try to make things work."

"From what I've seen, the boy has spent too much time on his own, and you, on the other hand, have been longing for him for too long. The bonding process requires adjustment, patience and understanding of one another, each of which is not achieved in only a day."

"You both need to do your part. Take it one step at a time. Everyone has something to work on, why don't we start there?"

"You have gifts EunAe, gifts that will help you both. Become one with them and learn to use them. Use this time to reflect on yourself and work on what you need. Things will work out for you if you both work hard. You'll see."

"Thank you granny. I will try my best." EunAe offers a small smile, before she falls back into her thoughts, absorbing all the advise she has been given.

"You should get some fresh air, that might help a bit." Grandmother suggests.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Well, I could use some help getting some things from the market."

"I can do that. I think a change of scenery might help."

"Good. But go tomorrow," she advises, "it is too dark to be out right now."

"Thank you granny. Goodnight."

▼△▼△▼△▼

The next morning, the girl is up early and getting ready to head to the market when a voice stops her.

"EunAe," Taehyung calls out with a wave of his hand, "wait up!"

"Oh, hey. Morning Taehyung."

"I heard you are going to market so I thought I'd tag along. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes, I don't mind."

"Good. You know, the forest is not always safe so it's good to have a companion."

"Oh?"

"Yeah." He adds, falling in step with her. "There are usually incidents that happen in the forest, but lately it's been happening more often. I don't want to lose another friend."

"I see." The girl says with a nod. "Thank you, I appreciate it."

"Of course!"

The rest of their walk is spent mostly in silence, the sounds of the village growing louder and louder as they get closer.

Together, the friends get the things listed by the older woman, successfully getting everything in good time.

"We should head back before it gets late." Taehyung advices, EunAe nodding as she checks the items one last time before they head back.

"Wait. We forgot one thing. Let me go get it."

Taehyung is about to protest against it when his younger friends, the kids of the village, surround him, asking him to play with them.

He only took his eyes off her for a few moments, but by the time he looks back up, the girl is nowhere to be seen.

"EunAe?" He calls out. "EunAe!"

There is no response.

Oh no.

I hope this chapter wasn't too boring >~< let me know what you think! For now, I will start working on the next chapter! Until next time!~Van(2021

~Van
(2021.11.12)