| 06 |

Trouble

The weather proves to be perfect for a walk outside, a gentle breeze blowing as they make their way deeper into the forest.

Their walk is mostly quiet, the pair enjoying each other's presence in silence while admiring their surroundings, the walk proving to be just what the two of them needed.

Still, the quest remains in the back of the girl's mind, along with another question she hadn't dared to ask. Out of the corner of her eye, EunAe glances at Namjoon, taking in a deep breath as she hurries to match his pace. She doesn't want to ruin the moment, but she is very curious about her mysterious partner.

"N-Namjoon?" She hesitantly starts, her gaze dropping to the ground when he looks at her, the boy humming in response. "M-may I ask what kind of shifter you are?"

Namjoon tenses at the question, slightly pursing his lips, making her regret her decision. "Does it really matter?" He softly asks making her pause for a second.

"No, it doesn't. I was just curious."

Great! Now you've made things ackward. EunAe scolds. He'll tell you when he's ready.

Before she knows it, the girl collides with a firm back.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here." A guy says eyeing Namjoon up and down, making said boy slightly tug on her wrist to pull her behind him. "Long time no see Namjoon." The guy adds with a smirk, which grows as his eyes land on the girl. "And who might this be?" He asks stepping closer to her, Namjoon's muscles tensing visibly as he pulls her even closer to him.

Seeing how tense he is, EunAe knows by his body language that Namjoon knows this person and feels threatened by this guy.

"I'm tempted to ask but it would be too good to be true." The guy says putting a hand to his chin, an evil grin plastered on his face as he gets closer to the girl, who can already feel herself disliking the guy in front of them. "Is she perhaps your partner?"

"How did a freak like you end up with a partner?" Another of the guy's friends says. "Did you threaten her if she didn't comply?" He adds making EunAe frown.

Who are these people?

"You know, she's quite pretty, maybe we should have her join out group." The first guy says. "It would be better than her being with you."

Upon hearing his words, Namjoon lets out a small growl, golden scales popping on the back of his neck.

"Don't worry miss," the guy says, "we'll save you from him. How about joining us? All you have to do is say yes and we'll take care of him."

"No thank you." She says firmly, walking around Namjoon so that she stands in front of him protectively. "Why don't you just leave him alone?"

The guy looks at her with an amused smile, before he looks back at Namjoon. "Oh. You can't even defend yourself. You have your girlfriend do it." When the guy's smile turns into a smirk she knows that something is wrong.

She slightly glances at Namjoon and hears him grunt, his golden eyes glowing brighter, a snarl etched on his face, but before anyone can react, someone tackles Namjoon from the side, knocking the air out of him.