| 21 |

THE PLAN

EunAe sighs heavily, her gaze fixed on the green pastures beyond the library's window.

Is there really nothing she can do to help?

She clenches her fists, head lightly banging against the wooden table.

Closing her eyes, she focuses on the sound of his heartbeat.

As long as she can feel him, it means that everything is going alright.

Their last moment together plays and replays in her mind.

"Be careful," she says, holding on to his arm, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"Don't worry. We'll be careful." He reassures, cupping her cheek the way he always did to melt all her worries away.

The girl sighs.

"Namjoon?"

"Yes?"

"Come back to me?"

"Always."

"Even if I end up on the other side of the Earth, I will always find my way back to you."

Exhaling, she gives him a nod.

"Go."

Her stomach twists into a knot.

It seems like an eternity has passed since then, but in reality it has only been a few hours.

What is EunAe to do with herself?

Pushing her thoughts aside, she refocuses her attention on the book in front of her, absent-mindedly looking through the pages.

Her fingers trace one page, her eyes wide.

This is it! This is what her gut was trying to warn her about!

She needs to let them know before they make contact with them.

Gathering her belongings, she rushes out the door, hoping desperately that it is not too late.

However, as she exits the library, she stops herself.

No.

Everything will be okay.

She has to trust them.

There's no telling what will happen if she stands in the way.

Clutching onto the strap of her bag, she watches as the sun sets down, hope that all is well growing as the sun sinks behind the clouds.

▼△▼△▼△▼

Somewhere in the distance, Namjoon and Taehyung make their way to their designated spot.

"Are we sure about this?"

"It's too late to back out now."

"We'll go along with the plan. Stay hidden and find out what you can."

Nodding, Taehyung breaks away, hiding behind the foliage as he waits for them.

Even though the town is busy, silence surrounds them, the pair growing uneasy with each passing second, the sky growing dark above them.

Will they actually show?

Taehyung shifts in his place, senses heightened and on alert.

They had chosen the market place since it should be an easy spot for them to be found, but so far, there was no sign of them watching anywhere.

Namjoon's muscles tense at the rustling sound behind him, a cloaked shadow spotted out of the corner of his eye.

They're here.

Taking a deep breath, Namjoon follows the shadow out of the market and into the forest.

The figure's back is turned to him as he approaches, face complete covered by a cloak.

Not sure on how to proceed, Namjoon speaks up,

"I thought about what you said," he starts, pausing, watching closely for a reaction, "and you were right."

No reaction.

Namjoon chews on the inside of his cheek, the figure finally speaking up after a long pause.

"We knew you would come to your senses." The figure says, it's voice sending a shiver down Namjoon's spine. "It was only a matter of time before you joined us."

"Thank you for meeting me." Namjoon says, dragon eyes carefully looking for any signs of danger.

"Don't worry Dragon, we mean you no harm."

Somehow that's not reassuring to him at all.

"Follow us. The night awaits and isn't getting any younger. We best be getting onto business."

Namjoon swallows the bell ringing in his gut, uneasiness filling his body as he says,

"Lead the way."

Look who's finally back with an update! I apologize for the lack of updates

Look who's finally back with an update! I apologize for the lack of updates. I know that it's has been a long while since my last update. Life has been busy but I hope this chapter was okay, I'm dusting off my writing skills since it's been a while so please bear with me. Anyway, hope you are all doing well! I'm hoping to have more updates for you soon 💛
~Van
(2024.01.07)