Special Chapter: The Pub and The Mysterious Table

Pub Owner POV.

Hi. My name is James McRaren, and i am but a mere humble owner of a pub named after me 'McRaren'.

My pub is nothing too special in size, and decor. But even so, it have many regular customers, enough to almost fill the entire pub in the weekends.

....Well, almost anyway.

You see, my pub have this special... table. A booth to be exact. It's located right at the corner of the room. There is nothing special about this booth's materials. It is the same like any other. I bought it from the same place, it is made with the same kind wood, et cetera. From anyone point of view this booth is the same as any booth i have in this Pub.

But.... for some reason. No one have ever sat on that booth...!! Even when ALL other tables and booths is occupied except for THAT one booth, and a new customers would came in my pub, they would just left!!! Even though that that booth is clearly available!!

And again, there is nothing wrong with that booth! It's fine! It's completely fine! In fact, i might argue that that that booth is in a better condition than any other that i have in my Pub, since no one ever sat in that booth in.. ever!!!

Aahh..... At some point in my life. I thought that there is something supernatural with this booth. That it was cursed! I wanted to throw it away.. But.... for some reason.. whenever i made up my mind and want to throw it away... somethig doesn't feel right with it. And in the end.. i always decided to keep it.

Maybe i should just accept it. Plus, maybe having a booth like this, would give my Pub some of that.... uniqueness. That pizzazz.. and maybe if i DID throw it away THEN i would get cursed! And that is bad for me and my business..

Plus, it's not like i've ever heard my customers being cursed or something like that. My regulars always came in like usual. And business are doing fine.

So.. i guess if it doesn't really affect me badly. Why bother removing it? And so... i've accepted it. But it still leave me to wonder WHY no one ever sat on that booth. 

But one day..... HE came.

It was a quiet day in the pub. I believe it was... noon. Some of my customers have finished their meal and they all left. Leaving me and my coworkers to our lonesome. And i stand behind the bar, preparing and cleaning the glass. And then i hear the bell at the door ringing. Which always means a  customer have arrive.

I look at the door and i see a man wearing this black jacket with some white flowers pattern on it.

And he have this sword with needles on the grip strapped and rested on his back.

He dresses weird to be honest. His top outfit is rather normal, almost biker like. But then on his head, he wore a straw hat. And on his feet, he wore a sandals.

His outfit kinda gives off different messages.

"Oh, welcome!" I greet him.

But nevermind his outfit and his sword. The latter probably just means that this guy is a Huntsman. I know for a fact that some of these folks are.... exotic. So his outfit does not matter to me. And as long as he doesn't make any trouble. I will keep treating him like i would with any customer! That's the McRaren way!

"Sit wherever you like" I said to him.

"Well duh. It'll be weird if you told me WHERE to sit, mate" He said to me.

"Ah, that's a good point. Ahaha.."

He just smiled. And then he look around. And he's looking and trying to decide where to seat, until eventually... to my surprise, he sat on THAT table!! THAT booth!!