Meeting [1]

Police Station.

You walked out of the police station, finally done with everything. And luckily for you, you were given the chance borrow their bathroom to clean yourself off the blood. And to change your clothes. So now you are clean and you will not be mistaken as a psychopath fresh from a murder.

You take a deep breath and sigh. The cold night wind filled your lungs. You fix your straw hat, and you look around to the tall rectangular building. Your eyes set on a particular building.

As you look up to that building, you can't help but look up further and see the night sky. And instantly you notice something different. The stars. It is less noticeable than when you were in the village.

Though this city seems to made up the lack of stars with the city lights.

"Damn..night already huh...?..hah.." You sigh once more.

You sling your dark green bag over your shoulder and you starts walking to the building you've set your eyes on.

It's not that far of a walk from the police station. And your walk was a quiet one, you barely see anyone. You only saw a few couple of people walking home. Some with groceries in their hand, some don't. And you saw some couple, with their arms linked together to display their love to the world. And to make the single people jealous.

You walk to an alley of the building you're looking for. You look over your shoulder and you see that no one is passing by.

"Hm.." You hummed.

After you feel that you're not being watched, you bend your legs slightly and you jumped high, high enough that you land on the roof with minimal effort. And once again you impress yourself with your athletic abilities.

Your eyes dart around the ceramic floor. And you see nothing of interest. This unsettles you.

"..Shit..." You look around, your eyes land on the roof of another building.

"Did i threw it that far..?"

You scratch the back of your head. And you begin searching roof after roof, testing your luck and instinct.

You search and search, from roof to roof in search for your journals.

But how did you lost it? Why look here? Well, that is by your own doing.

Because at some point in the car ride, you realised that when the police take you in, you knew that your belongings would probably be confiscated. And you don't particularly mind that. Except for one set of item. Your journals.

Inside your journals is all your thoughts, and records of your daily life. Inside the journals you wrote the price of your power and how future you should watch out for that. Just in case you forgot about it. You also wrote about your things that worries you and uncertainty you feel. You even wrote about your dreams. Everything personal about you is written in that journals. You would love it if no one other than you read that.

And in this case, the police, they might inspect and read it when they take your belongings. And you can't have that.

And so before you enter the police station, when you are positive that you are not being watched, you threw your journals high up to one of the buildings' roof.

And now, here you are, trying to search for what you lost.

You continue your search for another 15 minutes until on one of the buildings, your eyes light up at the corner of the roof. You see 4 brown leathered books being tied together tightly with a thin rope. It is your journals.