What now?

1 week later. Back in the Village. Night time.

Inside of the almost empty inn, which is basically your house. Joe is at the bar, cleaning the table with white cloth. With Mrs.Jefferson sitting in front of him, eating some porridge.

They continue their activity. Meanwhile you are behind them. You sit with your legs folding underneath your thighs, your hand on your lap. Your gaze looking down.

While in front of you is Salem. Who is standing tall, her arms crossed.

"Oh dear, oh dear..." she said.

You force your face to make the most calm face as possible. But the myriad of sweats that is forming on your face betrays the calm air that you want to put on.

".....H-hey, look, Salem, my best, best, friend!" You said.

"I thought i was your best friend.." Joe commented.

"Salem my best female friend. Look, my knees is screaming in pain right now. And i just got back from my journey. Which in the middle of said journey. I didn't sleep because i'm too busy killing like a...billion grimm. So...yeah....I kinda just want to go to sleep..."

"No"

You take a deep breath. And you nod.

"Well, then, if that's the case. Then why don't we just make Joe to make us some drinks. Where you and i can sit on chairs. And my knees can stop screaming, and my dignity can return"

"Hm...Okay...I'll let you do that.."

"Great!"

"After!...You apologized"

"A-apologized?"

"Yes"

You squint your eyes, and your eyes look elsewhere as you try to search your brain for something to apologized for.

"Do you not know what you should apologized for?"

"O-of course i do..! It's uh..Ah i know! I apologized for...not paying my rent like a normal person. And instead just chose to wait for Mrs.Jefferson to die so that i won't have to lose any money"

"Apology denied. Also die" Mrs.Jefferson said.

"Well i tried.." You shrugged. You try to get up. Salem points at you.

"No. Not that. Something else. Something that happened exactly a week ago from now"

"A week..That is the day i...Oooh! Ah gotcha. I apologized for leaving the village so abruptly just like that"

"...And?"

"Aaandd..?"

"And what? Is that all?"

"Y-ye-"

Salem squints her eyes. Her glare pierces your soul.

"I-i mean no...Um..I'm sorry about...Um..."

You think for a moment. And then you look at Salem and open your mouth and are about to speak and give your answer. And then you closed your mouth because your answer was stupid.

You think for a moment and then you open your mouth to give your answer. And then you close them again, but because that answer is more stupid.

"Y/n!" Salem said.

"What?! I'm trying here, lady!"

"Really?!"

"No, i'm showing my defiance. And purposely killing my own knees and deprived myself the ability to walk! Yes, really!"