forty-two.

The next day, surprisingly, the first snow fell in Hisaya. A lot of it too.

"Wow... it's snow!"

My mouth gaped and I admired the untimely heavy snow.

The snow from last night has piled up and the whole world has turned white.

Heh. I can't believe it's snowing today.

I was hysterical, remembering the experience of the snow in my previous life.

At that time, I would have been worried about how to get to work as soon as I saw snow, but now I could appreciate the pretty snow with puppy eyes.

I wriggled my heavily dressed body.

My movements were sluggish because May was armed with cold protection supplies that she brought beforehand.

A fur hat, gloves, earmuffs, boots, and even a scarf. The only place where the flesh showed was the face.

I left footprints in the snow excitedly.

I felt uncomfortable to move because my feet sank in, but there was no hesitation in my steps.

"Uwah."

I fell over in a moment of carelessness.

The cold snow touched my face directly, but it was so soft that it didn't hurt at all.

"Oh, miss!"

May, who was following me, helped me up and shook my clothes.

I sniffled my nose.

Then, I noticed a blank Cassis sitting in a chair.

His face was covered with darkness since he came here.

Again, again. He looks so depressed.

It was as if he had gone back to the Cassis where he first came to Montez. The weak and sensitive noble young master.

When you're depressed, moving your body will help.

I smiled insidiously and put my hands in the snow.

Then I sneaked to Cassis and threw a snowball.

Thud.

Snow piled up on Cassis's silver hair with a dull noise. Cassis finally came to his senses and asked sharply.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Now that it's snowing, let's have a snowball fight!"

"...I'm not a child."

"It'll be fun to try! Let's make a bet. If you win, I'll give you a snack today!"

"I don't want to..."

Thud!

I threw a snowball once again before Cassis refused. This time I aimed for his shoulder.

"If you don't come at me, I'll keep throwing!"

"......"

Cassis sprang to his feet when I shouted eloquently.

I quickly made a snowball and ran away from him while holding it in my arms.

I was going to throw it after securing a safe distance.

But Cassis was more adept at creating snowballs than I thought.

I was struck by the snow thrown by Cassis without going far.

"Boom!"

"Ow..."

I gasped at the unexpected surprise from Cassis. He laughed out loud and scattered the snow.