twelve.

Maybe it's because the bed has changed. I couldn't sleep.

My mother was and fast asleep and breathing deeply.

I slipped out of her arms and put on slippers.

Then, I put on my jacket and left the room. I couldn't sleep, but I was going to come back after getting a short breath of air.

The outside was already tinted with dawn light. The sky was quite beautiful, with a subtle blend of violet and blue.

I went about as far as I could reach, reflecting on my way back. Then I was lucky to find a fountain.

"Wow. Pretty."

I admired the statue of an angel carved in crystal.

The angel was pouring water with a kettle, and the dawn moonlight glistened in the water.

Beneath the fountain water were colorful pebbles.

I was a little curious, so I put my hand in the water and wiggled my fingers.

Rustle.

It was then. A noise was heard from somewhere. I panicked, and came to my senses and looked around.

I was a little afraid since I rushed out without an escort.

I tried to hide my fear and asked quietly.

"Who's there?"

Rustle.

Again the sound was heard from the bushes. I crept toward the bushes with a nervous face.

As soon as I was about to cut through the bushes, someone popped out and started running.

"Ah! It's the watery boy!"

I recognized him at once.

It was thanks to the clear sight of his blue hair visible under the moonlight.

note: so does he have transparent hair or what 👁️👄👁️ like does it just look like water or sumn】

I quickly followed the boy on the run. The boy ran away in a fright as I followed him.

But the boy was not as good at running as he thought.

I caught up with him at once with my years of training in tag.

Then the quickly exhausted boy sat down, covering his face with his arms, and shouted.

"S-Sorry!"

"Huh?"

I let out an absurd exclamation when I received an apology.

Then the watery boy trembled and apologized again.

"I-I didn't mean to steal it! I-It's just...! Hng. I'm sorry!"

"Wait. Why are you apologizing?"

I asked, quickly clasping the boy's arm. Then the boy slipped down his arm and looked into my eyes.

It was as bright as a moon in the night sky. The boy blinked his big, pretty eyes.

After a while, the moon-like eyes began to fill with tears.

I said, bewildered, forgetting to use honorifics.

"Oh! Wait a minute. What did I do?"

"Hnng."

The boy cried out loudly, holding back the burst of tears. It didn't seem to be my fault.

I quickly rummaged through my jacket pocket. Fortunately, there was a handkerchief.