fifty-two.

The next day, Allen brought Elisha and two friends to Monstera Castle.

I stared at the two with a curious look on my face.

"Hi, you must be Evelyn. I heard a lot about you from Allen. I'm Selena Augustine."

Selena, who had her red hair tied high in a ponytail, greeted me.

When I looked at her hand, she had calluses like an aspiring knight.

Wow, that's cool.

Maybe it's because she dreams of becoming a knight. She looked good even in her casual clothes.

If she wears a uniform later on, I'll really be saying 'I'll be yours! Sister!'

I closed the distance between us and grabbed her hand.

"Hello, sister!"

You're the coolest older sister!

I didn't even call Allen brother, but I wanted to call Selena older sister for some reason.

Selena heard me call her sister, and opened her eyes wide and spoke shallowly.

"Ooh. So cute. Are all the kids here this cute, Allen?"

"Elisha and Evelyn especially are a bit adorable."

Allen smiled at Elisha and I.

No, why would you put me in that level of cuteness?

I was embarrassed to be tied with Elisha in the realm of cuteness and looked away.

Then suddenly, I met eyes with Dennis, who stood tall like a jangseung.*

[tl/n: jangseung* = a traditional korean shamanistic totem pole.]

Woah. He's big.

I'm sure he's the same age as Allen, but he was incredibly tall. He was large, and I felt a little bit of pressure.

Dennis felt my gaze and greeted me with a light chin gesture.

"I'm Dennis Colin. It must have been sudden, but thank you for giving me the honour."

"H-Hello?"

I spoke using honorifics unknowingly.

Allen burst into laughter when I spoke awkwardly in honorifics.

"In fact, Dennis wanted to see the dragon the most. He's been interested in dragons for a long time."

"That's right. Dennis, you probably stayed up all night last night. Right?"

Dennis's face gradually hardened as he glared at Selena.

"I-I'm scared."

When Elisha, who was watching from the side, plunged into Allen's arms. Allen soothed her.

"Dennis, the kids are scared. Relax your face."

"I originally have this look on my face. Allen Forem."

"Guys, though he looks scary, he's like a bear. Don't worry."

As far as I know, bears are very violent...

I swallowed my thoughts in a moment. Soon, I said, guiding them towards the glass garden.

"Come this way. Bean lives over there."

"Bean? The dragon's name is Bean?"

Dennis asked with amazement.

"Pft. It's got a cute name."