forty-four.

A few minutes after Ephelius and Evelyn entered the chapel.

A strange shadow crept inside as it wandered around the chapel.

It happened just in time when Ephelius neglected locking the door.

A figure accompanied the man's shoulder.

Upon entering the chapel, the bird flapped his wings and sang joyfully.

"Quack. It's a success."

"Shh. Jacques. Be quiet. You'll get caught."

The man quickly closed the bird's beak with his hands.

Then Jacques quacked and bit the man's hand and protested.

"Ah! Get your hands off me, Edward! What are you touching with your hands that haven't been washed in days!"

"Ugh."

Edward removed his hand with a groan.

Jacques fluttered around and sat on his shoulder again.

"But can I sneak in like this?"

Asked Edward, with a look full of concern. He seemed worried that he came in like a thief.

"What can you do? Boris, that bastard, isn't meeting you."

Jacques answered and arranged his wings with his beak. At the same time, he said firmly.

"If Boris gets caught, leave him alone."

"I have to hear his story first."

"You're such a pushover! Remember, Edward. Boris is the worst one, the one who got your research results taken away, and that's what put you in debt! Who's to blame for all this shit we're going through?"

“......"

Jacques touched a sore spot with an angry expression.

Edward smiled bitterly at Jacques, who clearly recited the facts.

Indeed, the reason he came to Carthamir was not to avenge Boris or to harm him.

He just wanted to tell him something, but he didn't know he'd didn't even want to meet.

Nevertheless, the reason why he had to hide in the chapel was because he had to meet and explain in person.

You only need to meet once.

Edward comforted Jacques with a resolution. If he knew what was going on, he'd go wild at once.

Soon after, Edward found Boris, who had just finished his service and was talking to a priest.

***

I crept in and settled down in a remote corner.

The service was almost over. Finally, the Cardinal's congratulations were continuing.

Then Ephelius, who was close by me, murmured.

"I'm nervous."

Ephel looked like a pale blue bird.

I sighed deeply at the sight of the blue-faced Ephelius.

Looking at Ephel, it seems that I have to get things done quickly and go back.

I calmly began to soothe Ephel.

"Ephel. We're playing hide-and-seek right now."

"Hide-and-seek?"

"Mhm. But unlike regular hide-and-seek, we're looking for the tagger. The tagger shouldn't find us."

The tagger I think was Boris.