sixty-eight.

"Did you come to see the festival?"

"Yes!"

I replied to the old lady with a friendly face.

The old lady's eyes widened at my strong answer.

"You're energetic. There was a time where I was so cute too."

"You are still cute in my eyes."

Hyuk.

I stared blankly at the old gentleman who joined in at that moment.

How can you say such sweet words without a blink of an eye?

He seemed to be an old gentleman who hid his skillful merit.

That's cool. A cozy couple like that.

I looked at them with envy. Then the old lady blushed shyly and shouted.

"Oh, my. You're being silly! What are you talking about in front of the kids, really?"

"Hahaha. By the way, where are your parents, or is only your sibling here?"

The old gentleman laughed and turned the topic around to us. Perhaps he was considerate of his wife.

I readily responded to the old gentleman's words.

"We're not siblings, we're friends. Our families are close, so we came to play together."

"Oh my, you are a cute couple."

Then said the old lady, cheeks flushed. Somehow it seemed that she had a serious misunderstanding.

"No, we're not a couple..."

I tried to explain quickly by waving my hands. But the old lady's words took the lead.

"We were also here at that time."

"That lamppost is getting old like us."

The old gentleman helped the old lady's words and moved his gaze to the street lamp outside the window.

"It used to be a place crowded with lovers in our time, but it's quiet these days."

The old lady gazed out the window with dim eyes. Cassis and I also turned our heads toward it.

Their eyes were on the very 21st street lamp where I was supposed to meet with Ephel.

"Huh? Isn't that just a broken street lamp?"

I couldn't overcome my curiosity and asked a question.

"It's broken now, but it used to be a famous tourist attraction for lovers."

The old lady covered her mouth with a fan and laughed. Then she winked at the old gentleman, making eye contact with him.

The old gentleman opened his mouth.

"That street lamp was made to improve the god that protected Marronnier here."

No wonder it looked different from other street lamps.

I glanced at the street lamp once. Then Cassis, who was acting as if he was not interested, said.

"It'd be trouble if you damaged the god carelessly."

Huh? Yeah. I heard that one's future is cursed if they act recklessly.

"That's what the owner left as a will, so it couldn't be helped. When he died, he asked to make a new street lamp for the god to light the way people go."

When the old lady explained calmly, the old gentleman helped.

"Well, that was 500 years ago, so I can't say for sure. It's a story that passes down like a legend."