twenty-six.

The trees were filled with delicious fruits, and the farmers were busy moving around for the harvest.

Autumn was in full bloom, and the maple trees were lush. At this rate, winter was about to come in the blink of an eye.

It was soon a day of appreciation.

Thanksgiving Day is a time to appreciate the good harvest of the year and share gifts with loved ones.

It was also a day when family members had dinner and had a good time.

It's already been more than half a year since Cassis came to Montez.

Fortunately, his injured areas healed well and now he can walk without trembling.

Perhaps I should give gratitude that his attitude has been quite relaxed since the Mori Forest incident.

I whispered in Cassis's ear, who had just finished eating. My parents shouldn't be able to hear it.

"Cassis. Are you going to write to your parents on Thanksgiving Day?"

"I've never thought about it."

Cassis flinched, mumbling quietly and moved away.

I came close to him again and whispered.

"Come on, why don't you go out to the city to buy a card with me? While we're out, we can go to the new dessert café."

"Evelyn. Just say you want to go to the new dessert café."

"Hehe. I got caught."

I stuck out my tongue at the reply that caught me off guard and laughed bashfully.

Cassis's lips were shaking as he looked at me.

However, I couldn't tell if the corners of his mouth went up or down because he hid his mouth quickly with his hands.

"I'll see you at the entrance."

"Oh. Are you going? Really? Really?"

"Yes. Going to the dessert café..."

"Hooray! I'll have to contact Elisha as well! Elisha said she wanted to go to the dessert café, too.”

I was happy to hear that Cassis would come.

Then Cassis asked with a bewildered face.

"Wait a minute. Didn't you mean the two of us should go?"

"Huh? Why would I?"

"...What do you mean 'Why would I'?"

Cassis murmured, a little shocked.

Oops. I've said it too bluntly.

I corrected myself quickly.

"I mean, I'm not saying that I don't want only the two of us to go, but you can eat different kinds of cakes if the three of us go, so let's go together..."

"I got it, so you don't have to make excuses."

"Are you going?"

He nodded lightly when I checked again.

Then he stared at me with very strange eyes.

He was like a teacher looking at a child who didn't know where to start.

When I contacted Elisha, she replied that it would be difficult to go right away and it would take about an hour or so.

In other words, it meant to meet at the dessert café later.