fifteen

"I-I was wrong! The Little Duke of Urquio!"

Marianne begged forgiveness by using polite titles.

But Cassis didn't even listen.

"If you knew it was wrong, you shouldn't have done it from the beginning. Marianne Quilton."

"Hic.."

"And Luna Barnettsa did the wrong thing, too? What was I called? I was a flawed product."

Cassis looked at Luna shivering beside her and recited coldly.

Then even Luna knelt down next to Marianne and apologized.

"I-I'm sorry! F-Forgive me, please! I-I made a slip of the tongue...!"

The girls were already in tears with fear. But Cassis was coldly calm.

"Why should I forgive you?"

"Wah! T-That's it!"

"Come on, tell me something. You are asking me for forgiveness."

“......"

The two people pursed their lips at Cassis's inquisition. They seemed to have nothing to say even if they had two mouths.

I was dazed at the extremely cold Cassis.

All of this was bewildering and unfamiliar, so I couldn't control my facial expression.

Then Cassis glanced at me and breathed a long sigh.

After a while he called Marianne in a soft voice.

"Lady Marianne Quilton."

"Yes, yes!"

"I'm not going to let anyone be rude to my people."

"If you say my people..."

"Evelyn already told you. She's my precious family. That's what Evelyn is to me."

"......"

"So Evelyn Monstera is not someone you can mess with. Do you understand?"

Cassis growled high-handedly. It was quiet and subtle, but a perfect threat.

The crowd was already as cold as ice.

Cassis grabbed my hand with those words. I looked up at him.

What did I just hear?

"Let's go."

“......"

I bit my lower lip as I walked and he led me.

It was because he recited such a familiar line.

Elisha Forem is not someone you can mess with. Do you understand?

What is this?

The male lead's lines in the novel that suddenly came to mind have somehow changed to my name.

What scene was this from?

I frowned with a tingling sensation in my head. Did I take the role of an artificial female lead without even realizing it?

No, was this really a line in the novel?

I was confused and my head was spinning. Then Cassis, who was walking fast, stopped walking.

Only then did I snap back to my senses and raise my head, and it was a garden outside the castle.

"Evelyn."

".....Eh?"

"I'm sorry I got angry. I shouldn't have done that to you."

He hesitated and began to stammer out an apology. He wet his lips as if they were dry.