thirty-two.

We were in the middle of a picnic in the playground.

Elisha responded to the news of Duchess Urquio coming.

"Really? Then Cassis is going back to the capital now?"

"Hmm. Maybe? I'm not sure."

I squatted and touched the stone at my feet.

As if I were not interested in it. Indifferent.

Elisha, unaware of my innermost thoughts, chattered as if it were some funny story.

"That would be great for Cassis. Now he's going back to his family."

"Yes, it is."

"She must be very busy if she's a Duchess. He's the only son she has, so she's coming in person, right? It's amazing."

"I know. It's amazing."

I answered Elisha like a parrot, still touching the stone blankly.

Then Philip and Daniel, who were next to us, joined forces and talked about the Duchess.

I rolled the stone, not caring whether they did or not. Then Elisha asked as the stone rolled away.

Daniel and Philip had already lost interest in the subject and whispered amongst themselves.

"Evelyn, are you sad that Cassis is going back?"

"Huh? No? Not at all. It's so nice."

"Hmm."

Elisa studied my inner intentions with a serious look.

I said quickly, thinking that I was too involved in the conversation.

"Really. I've been out of my mind since Cassis came. I'm tired of nursing a sick child. Bean wants to get out of the garden these days..."

Elisha hesitated and replied when I brought up one reason and another.

"It's a hell of a castle for a sick kid. Besides, you're crossing over where Bean's locked up. You're making Cassis hurt..."

"No! I'll be happy if Cassis goes right away tomorrow! Then Bean can come out of the glass garden without biting Cassis!"

I shouted in astonishment, as if I had caught a weakness.

I didn't want to admit it. If I admit it, I'll be helplessly disappointed.

It was then.

"Oh? It's Cassis!"

What?

I stopped shouting and turned my head in the direction that Philip pointed. Ironically, Cassis was there.

It was Cassis who said he would stay in the castle because of his frequent seizures. Why is he here?

"Cassis..."

He was staring at me in the stiff daylight. Looking at his expression, he must have heard what I said.

Elisha, too, was nervous and looked at me.

I was so bewildered that I didn't know what to explain.

After a while, Cassis came running over to us with an indifferent smile.

"Cassis, what I just said..."

Soon I came to my senses and tried to explain to him in a hurry.

What I just said meant nothing. So there is no need to be upset. I'm sorry.

note: im so mad im MADJCKXJD im gonna cry- ahaha jk this was me when i tled this a while ago im ok 😌 》

But before I could finish talking, Cassis suddenly fell down on the flat ground.