Missing // Iron Man

Third Person

 Tony Stark was out working with the army when they were attacked. A bomb first exploded as a warning shot until more came firing down. He was told to stay in the car while the soldiers surrounding him jumped out, but Stark had other ideas. Thinking it'd be safer, he bolted out of the truck, only to be struck in the chest by multiple pieces of shrapnel by his own bomb. From then on, he passed out.

Soon enough, he awoke in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unknown soldiers. They were speaking a different language and recording him, yet he couldn't understand them. 

The only thing he did understand...was that he had been kidnapped.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Las Vegas, 36 Hours Earlier

''As liaison to Stark Industries, I've had the unique privilege of serving with a real patriot. He is my friend, and he is my great mentor. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honour to present this year's Apogee award to Mr. Tony Stark.'' James Rhodes spoke. 

The crowd erupted into applause, waiting for Mr. Stark to take the stand. But of course, he didn't.

''Tony?'' Mr. Rhodes asked, holding the award. He then looked into the crowd at Obadiah Stane - Tony's business partner - who was shaking his head. 

Tony had skipped yet another important event. Instead, Obadiah stood up and took Tony's place at the microphone. He then took the award from James and began. ''Uh, this is uh, beautiful. Thankyou. Thankyou all very much. This is wonderful.'' 

He gazed at the award in his hand in awe before continuing, ''Well, I'm not Tony Stark. But if I were Tony, I would tell you how honoured I'd feel and what a joy it is to receive this very prestigious award. Tony, you know...the best thing about Tony is also the worst thing. He's always working.''

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of being at the award ceremony, Tony decided to gamble instead. Considering he had a girlfriend and daughter, he also liked to flirt a lot. He was a playboy, for sure. 

''You are unbelievable. Unbelievable.'' Rhodes surprised Tony, who was still gambling away. 

''Oh, no. Did they rope you in to this?'' Tony joked.

''Nobody roped me in anything. They told me that if I presented you with an award, you would be deeply honoured. '' 

''Of course I'd be deeply honoured, and it's you. That's great, so when do we do it?'' Tony asked as Rhodes handed him the award. ''Oh, there it is. That was easy. I'm sorry.''

''Yeah, it's okay.'' Rhodes sighed.

''Would you look at that?'' Tony handed the lady next to him the award, wanting to gamble. ''That's something else. I don't have any of those floating around. Give me a hand, will ya?'' The woman blew on his thumb, which held the dice, for 'luck.'

''Okay, you too.'' he smirked, putting his hand up to Rhodes's face. Of course, he declined. ''Oh, come on, honeybear.''

Rhodes simply bumped Tony's hand away from him, making him roll the dice. Tony loved his nicknames. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Tony was just about to get in the car, a reporter came up to him. ''Mr. Stark! Mr. Stark!'' she exclaimed. ''Christine Everhart, Vanity Fair magazine. Can I ask you a couple of questions?'' she asked.

He mumbled something to Happy Hogan before turning around, ''Hi. Yeah, okay. Go.''

She smiled at him, ''You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?''

''Absolutely ridiculous.''

''And what do you say to your other nickname? Merchant of Death,'' she continued.

''That's not bad. Let me guess, Berkley?''

''Brown, actually.'' she replied.

''Well, Ms. Brown. It's an imperfect world but it's the only one we've got. I guarantee, the day weapons are no longer needed to keep the peace, I'll start making bricks and beams for baby hospitals.''

''You rehearse that much?'' she queried. 

''Every night in front of the mirror before bedtime.'' he answered, sarcastically. 

''I can see that.''

''I'd like to show you first-hand.'' he said.

She rolled her eyes at the man stood before her, ''All I want is a serious answer.''

''Okay, here's serious. My old man had a philosophy, 'Peace means having a bigger stick than any other guy.'' he responded, crossing his arms.

''That's a great line coming from the guy selling the sticks.''

''My father helped defeat the Nazis. He worked on the Manhattan project. A lot of people, including your professors at Brown,  would call that being a hero.'' he stated, obviously very frustrated at this point.

''And a lot of people would also call that 'war profiteering.''' the young woman retorted.

''Tell me.'' Tony ripped off his glasses before continuing with his sentence, ''Do you plan to report on the millions we've saved by advancing medical technology or kept from starvation with our intel corps?'' He took a breath before continuing to berate the woman before him, ''All those breakthroughs, military funding, honey.''

''Wow. You ever lose an hour of sleep your whole life?''

''I'd be prepared to lose a few with you.'' he smirked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------