Party Time // Iron Man

I woke up the next day in bed. I figured either my mom or dad put me to bed after I fell asleep downstairs while Obadiah and my dad argued. 

I decided to sneak downstairs into my dad's lab, which is where I guessed he would be. And I was correct. I knocked on the glass, (I still didn't know the password to enter), and caught my dad's attention. He playfully rolled his eyes and let me in. 

''Your mom would kill me if she found you down here, sleepyhead.'' he told me.

''Then she won't find me.'' I smirked, sitting in my usual chair.

''Oh, yeah? Then what's she gonna do when she finds you out of bed and can't find you anywhere in the house? Hm?'' he questioned. 

''I'll hide when she comes down.''

''And when she doesn't find you down here and thinks you're missing?''

''Uh...''

''Exactly.'' he huffed, concentrating on the current leg of his suit.

''You're the adult!'' I exclaimed, making him glare at me.

''I'm blaming you if I get in trouble.'' he stated before turning back to his project. I huffed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, he made me sit in the furthest corner in the room as he recorded a new take for his suit.

After all of his recent failures, I honestly didn't have high hoped for this take...but he kinda proved me wrong. 'Kinda'  being the key-word.

He managed to control it at first, which was impressive, and landed successfully. But then he tried again...which is when he sort of lost control and killed his cars, and his lab along with it. 

Now I get why my mom said it was dangerous. 

But he did regain control! So he put the entire suit on, which was actually quite terrifying for me. I almost forgot my dad was in there. It looked like a killer robot I'd seen on TV.

''Okay, Lex. Go back upstairs and don't come down until I tell you so. Got it?'' he warned.

''Mhm.'' I babbled, running upstairs.

I sat on the couch in the living room and turned on the TV, when I got upstairs. It was only 5 minutes later when something came crashing down through the ceiling, through the piano and into my dad's lab.

I didn't go down though, because my did hadn't told me to come back down. I just sat there, quite terrified. I could hear my dad's car alarms going off downstairs, though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour later

Finally, my dad allowed me to come back downstairs. Turns out, the thing that came crashing down was him. He had an ice pack on his head when I came downstairs.

''You're silly.'' I laughed.

''I'm a genius.'' he retorted. He then looked at the package that mom brought down ages ago.

''What's th-that?'' I managed to ask.

He didn't answer, just opened it. Then chuckled.

''A present your mom got me.'' he smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later

Mom went out tonight to a special party, meaning I got to stay with dad. While he was working on his suit, I sat on the couch in his lab, watching the channel where mom went.

''Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's third annual benefit for the Firefighter's Family Fund has become the place to be for L.A.'s high society.'' the reporter said.

''Jarvis, we get an invite for that?''

''I have no record of an invitation, sir.''

''... hasn't been seen in public since his bizarre and highly controversial press conference. Some claim he's suffering from post-traumatic stress and has been bedridden for weeks. Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from him tonight.''

''The render is complete.'' Jarvis informed my dad.

''A little ostentatious, don't you think?''

'' What was I thinking? You're usually so discreet.'' Jarvis mocked.

'' Tell you what. Throw a little hot-rod red in there.''

''Yes, that should help you keep a low profile... The render is complete.''

''Hey, I like it. Fabricate it. Paint it.''

''Commencing automated assembly. Estimated completion time is five hours.''

''Don't wait up for me, honey.''

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad ended up going to that party, leaving me to my own devices while Happy was downstairs in case I needed anything. Luckily for him, my dad put me to bed before he left.