Not a Soul // Age Of Ultron

Third Person

Lexi-Mae was surrounded by robots, all below her as she was bound to a chair. In front of her was a glass screen, showing all of the Avengers + her mom being killed one by one. All by Ultron.

She wanted to scream, but she couldn't. She didn't have the energy to. The last two people to be killed were her mom, followed by her dad. Tears coated her face, replacing the dry ones. She couldn't do anything, she couldn't help them. She felt useless, and broken.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony awoke to her screaming from her daughter's room. His and hers were the only two rooms on that floor. He leaped out of bed and ran to her room, to see her thrashing around on her bed.

Nightmare.

He slowly edged closer to her and lowered himself onto her bed, then attempted to shake her awake, ''Lexi. Lexi, wake up.''

She didn't, ''LEX!'' He shouted, not caring if he woke anyone else.

She jolted awake and looked around frantic, her breathing laboured and her cheeks covered with tears.

''Hey, hey. It's alright, it was just a dream.'' He spoke softly as he pulled his daughter close to him to calm her down.

''I-.. You-.... Everyone was..''

''Shh, shh. It's okay, everything is fine. It was a dream. Do you wanna talk about it?'' Tony asked her.

She gulped, still trying to catch her breath, ''Everyone-.. Ultron killed everyone. You, mom, the team...''

''Oh, honey. No, it wasn't real. Everyone's fine. See, I'm fine! And so is everybody else.'' She chuckled as he made a silly face, making him light up inside from seeing her smile.

''Come on, back to bed.'' He whispered, helping her under the covers and handing her Bunny - which she took gratefully.

He kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes and waited for her to fall asleep before leaving.

As he turned to leave, he saw the whole team at the doorway watching him, ''What?'' He questioned.

''Just... making sure Lexi's okay.'' Clint answered on behalf of the team.

Tony rolled his eyes and pushed past the team to go to his own room.

''Never thought he could be that gentle, I'll give him that.'' Steve muttered, closing Lexi's door and heading down one floor, back to his bedroom.

''Trust me. When it comes to either Lexi or Pepper, he'll turn to mush.'' Rhodey chuckled before heading back to his own room.

Lexi-Mae's POV

I awoke early the next morning, much to my dismay. I was tired, although I couldn't understand why. I got a full night's sleep, didn't I?

I shook it off and decided to get up since I couldn't fall asleep. I changed into a black hoodie and a pair of jeans, then went to the kitchen where I was met with Thor who had about twenty Poptarts stacked up, and four more in the toaster.

''Good morning, little Stark. Feeling better after last night?'' He greeted her, adding the four Poptarts to the pile before scoffing them down.

''Uh, yeah..'' What thing last night. She brushed it off and grabbed some bread, then popping two slices into the toaster. ''Might I ask why you're scoffing all the Poptarts?''

He looked at me with two poking out of his mouth, ''They're yummy.'' Crumbs fell to the floor as he spoke. He eventually swallowed, ''These Midgardian tart-things are delicious.''

She laughed just as Natasha and Steve entered.

''No, Gramps. Press that button!'' Nat ordered, pointing at a button on the phone that Steve held in his hand, obviously very frustrated.

Steve clicked a button just as my toast popped, causing the two to look at both me and Thor.

''Mornin', feeling better, kiddo?'' Steve asked. She simply nodded, ignoring the fact she had no idea what they were talking about and spread the jam on her toast.

Thor then went to sit at the table, where Nat and Steve joined him. I made myself a hot chocolate, which is when Clint, Bruce and my dad joined the party.

Clint looked bored out of his mind as Bruce and my dad seemed to be talking about 'science stuff.'

Clint joined me in the kitchen while Bruce and my dad stood still, still bickering.

''Hey, Fiz.'' He smiled. 'Fiz' was his nickname for me, I have no idea what it meant.

''Mornin'.'' I decided to ask him why everyone was asking me about last night, ''Hey, I have a question.''

''Go ahead.'' He grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard and picked up the cereal.

''Everyone keeps asking me if I'm alright after 'last night'. What happened?''

He looked at me before grabbing the milk out of the fridge and returning to his bowl, ''You don't remember?''

''Nope. Why?''

He poured the milk in his bowl, ''You had a nightmare. Your dad had to wake you in the middle of the night, waking us up in the process.''

''I don't remember, hm.'' I murmured.

''Maybe that's for the best, Fizzy.'' Of course, 'Fiz' was short for 'Fizzy'.

I nodded and picked up my plate of toast and hot chocolate., then sat down beside Thor at the dining table who had just finished munching on his tower of Poptarts. Soon, my dad and Bruce joined us at the table.

''Hey, Lex. You okay?'' My dad asked as I began to nibble on my toast. I nodded, not bothering to say anything when I was hungry and wanted my food. Food is my main priority, especially this early in the morning.

''Thor, can you not eat the entire box of Poptarts before tomorrow?'' My dad muttered, not realising he already had.

''Too late.'' Bruce chuckled, earning a glare from my dad.

After breakfast, I decided to sit with Clint and Nat. Then I remembered I still hadn't got to the bottom of Clint's secret girlfriend.

''I just remembered...'' I trailed off.

''What?'' Natasha queried.

I smirked and looked at Clint, ''You still haven't told me about that secret girlfriend.''

He looked at me, ''I thought we dropped that.''

''No, I said I'd find out and I intend to. If it's not Nat, then who is it?'' My smirk growing wider at Nat's smug look. It'd be quite funny if a 7 year old - 8 in a few days - would be able to get this out of him.

''I-..'' He looked at Nat, who nodded, ''Fine. I have a wife and two kids, another on the way. Happy?''

My eyes widened in shock, my smirk disappeared as my jaw dropped, ''HUH? A SECRET FAMILY?!''

''Keep your voice down, woman!'' He exclaimed. Lucky for him, it was only us three in the movie room - which had soundproof walls for a reason.

''These walls are soundproof, dummy.'' He scowled at that, ''Anyways, WHAT?''

Natasha laughed, making Clint glare at her, ''My wife's name is Laura and then there's Cooper and Lila, my kids. The baby's going to be a girl, we think, and we're naming her Natasha.''

''LIKE NAT?'' I was too excited to calm down.

''Yes, like Nat. Anymore questions?'' He sighed, feeling defeated.

''Not at the moment..'' My smirk returned to my face as I looked at Natasha, happy that Clint's kid was going to be named after her.

''Look, you can't tell anyone. Only us three know, okay?'' Natasha said.

I nodded, ''Not a soul.'