Taking Out the Trash // Iron Man

Of course, Tony was more responsible than that. He had a girlfriend and a child. So when he arrived home with the reporter, he sent her to sleep in a different room while he slept in his own bed. You can imagine she wasn't very pleased with that.

Jarvis - Tony's AI that he created - woke up the woman at 7am. Pepper had already woken up, considering she was also Tony's assistant and not just his girlfriend. She let Lexi sleep though.

''Tony?'' Christine called out once she was in the main room. ''Hey, Tony.''

But the man was nowhere to be seen. Elizabeth took this time to snoop around. Firstly, by playing around with a control panel on the wall. ''You are not authorized to access this area.'' he spoke.

This made Elizabeth jump and Pepper appear. ''That's Jarvis. He runs the house.'' Pepper explained. ''I've got your clothes here. They've been dry-cleaned and pressed and there's a car waiting outside to take you anywhere you'd like to go.'' 

Elizabeth approached Pepper slowly, ''You must be the famous Pepper Potts.''

''Indeed, I am.'' Pepper smiled.

''After all these years, Tony still has you picking up the dry-cleaning.'' Elizabeth sneered.

Pepper was taken aback, ''I do anything and everything that Mr. Stark requires. Including occasionally...taking out the trash. Will that be all?''

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony was busy downstairs in his lab, working on some sort of new project when Pepper came down.

''Please don't turn down my music.'' Tony said, distracted with the new machinery he was working on.

Pepper was on the phone when she entered the lab, ''I'll keep you posted.'' She said, then hung up. ''You are supposed to be halfway around the world, right now.''

''How'd she take it?'' Tony asked.

''Like a champ.'' Pepper huffed.

''Why you tryna hustle me outta here?'' 

''Your flight was scheduled to leave an hour and a half ago.'' Pepper said, getting frustrated.

''It's funny. I thought with it being my plane and all, that it was just wait for me to get there..'' Tony muttered, still distracted.

''Tony, I need to speak to you about a couple of things before I get you out of here.'' Pepper added.

''I mean, doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of having your own plane if it departs before you arrive?''

''Larry called. He's got another buyer for the Jackson Pollack in the wings. Do you want it, yes or no?'' Pepper queried. Tony sat up and finally turned around to look at Pepper.

''Is it a good representation of the Spring period?''

''Uhm, no. The Spring's was actually the neighbourhood in the East Hampton where he lived and worked. Not the spring like the season. I think it's a fair example, uhm... I think it's incredibly overpriced.''

''I need it.'' Tony demanded, getting up. ''Buy it, store it.''

''Okay. The MIT commencements-''

''Is in June.'' Tony cut her off. ''Please, don't harass me about this stuff.''

''...So, I'm gonna say yes.''

''Well, deflect and absorb it. Don't transmit it...-''

''I need you to sign this before you get on the plane.'' Pepper talked over Tony, showing him a document within the file she was carrying.

''What, you got plans?'' Tony asked.

''As a matter of fact, I do.'' she answered.

''I don't like it when you have plans.'' Tony whined.

''I'm allowed to have plans for my birthday.''

''It's your birthday?''

''Yes. And if you paid attention, you'd realise that our daughter's birthday was in 4 days too.''

''I knew that. Already?''

''Yeah, isn't that strange? The same day as last year.'' she smiled.

''Well, get yourself something nice from me.''

''I already did.'' Pepper smirked.

''And?'' 

''Oh, it was very nice. Very tasteful. Thankyou, Mr. Stark.''

''You're welcome, Ms. Potts.''

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------