The Avengers

I was sat in the ''living'' area of Stark tower while my mom was behind me, talking to my dad who was currently out in the Atlantic ocean in his Iron Man suit, cutting a pipeline transport with a laser cutter coming from his hand to place a Stark Energy Reactor. Sounds fun, I know.

''Good to go on this end. The rest is up to you.'' I heard my dad say.

''You disconnected the transmission line so we're off the grid?'' Mom asked.

''Stark tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy.''

''Well assuming the arc reactor takes over and it works.''

''I assume. Light her up.''

The tower quickly lit up, right to the very top.

''How does it look?'' Mom questioned my dad.

''Like Christmas...but with more me.'' My dad chuckled.

''You've gotta go wider on the public awareness campaign. You need to do some press. I'm in D.C tomorrow, I'm working on the zoning for the next three buildings.''

''Pepper. You're killing me at the moment, remember? Enjoy the moment.''

''Get in here and I will.''

''Disgusting!'' I yelled out, making both of my parents laugh.

''Levels are holding steady. I think-''

''Of course they are.'' my dad smiled, entering the room. ''I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question, how does it feel to be a genius?''

''Well, ha, I really wouldn't know now, would I?''

''What do you mean? All this...came from you.''

''No. All this...came from that.'' Mom pointed at the arc reactor on my dad's chest.

''Give yourself some credit. Please. Stark tower is your baby-''

''EXCUSE ME?'' I interrupted.

''And...Lexi is. Hold on, shouldn't you be in bed, missy?'' my dad asked, suspiciously.

''Uh, no...''I mumbled.

''Uh, yes. Bed.'' my dad ordered.

''No, continue with your disgusting lovey-dovey stuff.''

He came over to me and began tickling me, ''Ah! No, daddy! Stoppp!'' I giggled.

My dad rolled his eyes, stopped and turned back to my mom, ''Give yourself 12% of the credit.''

''12%?''

''An argument can be made for 15.''

''12%?!''

''Well I did do all the...heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted the heavy things. And sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you...''

Mom was already pouring champagne for the two of them while I continued to watch TV.

''Ohhh-''

''My private elevator.''

''You mean our elevator?''

''It was steaming...with sweaty workmen. I'm going to pay for that. Comment about percentages and some subtle sort of way later, aren't I?''

''Not gonna be that subtle.'' My mom smirked.

''I'll tell you what, next building is gonna say Potts on the tower.''

''On the lees.''

''Call your mom, can you bunk over?'' my dad joked.

''Sir, the telephone.'' Jarvis interrupted. ''I'm afraid my protocols are being overwritten.''

''Mr. Stalk, we need to talk.'' A male voice came from my dad's phone.

''You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message.'' my dad mocked, making both me and my mom laugh.

''This is urgent.''

''Then leave it urgent-'' My dad was cut off, much to his dismay.

Then the elevator doors opened to reveal Agent Coulson, making me burst into a fit of laughter that my dad had just been caught out.

''Security breach. It's on you.'' My dad joked, just like he always did in every single serious situation.

''Mr. Stark.''

''Phil! Come in.'' my mom said, enthusiastically. COULSON! Haven't seen this man in forever.

''Phil?''

''I can't stay.''

''Uh, his first name is 'Agent.''' my dad teased.

''Come on in. We're celebrating.''

''This is why he can't stay.''

''Actually, you're tryna get me to bed but okay.'' I grinned, continuing to watch TV.

''Also correct. Lexi, get your ass to bed.'' my dad ordered.

''No.'' I said, turning the volume louder.

''We need you to look this over.'' Agent Coulson huffed, handing my dad a black file.

''I don't like being handed things.''

''That's okay, I love being handed things, so let's trade.'' My mom cut in, taking the file and handing Agent Coulson the glass of champagne while taking dad's and handing him the file. ''Thank you.''

''Official consulting hours are between 8 and 5 every other Thursday.'' my dad tried.

''This isn't a consultation.''

''Is this about the Avengers? Which I-..I know nothing about.'' my mom asked.

''The Avengers?'' I chimed in.

''Pfft, the Avengers initiative was scrapped, I thought. And I didn't even qualify.'' my dad reminded Agent Coulson.

''Oh, that thing.'' I muttered.

''I didn't know that either.'' my mom lied.

''Yeah, apparently I'm volatile, self-obsessed, don't play well with others.''

''All true!'' I exclaimed.

''Yeah, I knew that.'' My mom laughed.

''Well, excuse you!'' my dad gasped dramatically.

From there, I zoned out. Well, until my mom called after me.

''Lex, come on. We need to go.''

''Where?'' I queried.

''D.C. Your dad is gonna be busy so you're coming with me.''

''Oh, mkay.'' I sighed, getting up and going over to my dad. I then hugged him, ''I love you.''

He smiled and hugged me back, ''I love you 3000.''

From there, mom and I flew to Washington D.C.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* DISCLAIMER *

The only character I own is Lexi-Mae. The rest of the characters are the Marvel characters. I may add more of my own characters further on into the series, depending on how I want to spin the story.