Show-Blow // Iron Man 2

Dad ended up taking that model from mom's office. When we got home, he went down to his lab while I went out to where half of our house was destroyed from that night.

Dad told me not to go there, but I can't help being curious. He really expects a 3 year old to listen? Yeah, I think not.

Then I got caught.

By...who? I recognised him, but I couldn't remember.

''What're you doing out here, little one?'' he asked. ''Isn't your dad downstairs?''

I nodded, too shy to talk.

''Let's go downstairs then. Don't want you to get hurt.'' he smiled.

I followed him downstairs to where my dad was. There was a huge tube running through the lab, barely making any space to walk like a normal human being.

''I heard you broke the perimeter.'' the man said.

''Yeah. That was, like, three years ago. Where have you been?'' my dad questioned.

''Doing some stuff. Found your daughter, also.''

My dad stopped working and looked between me and the man. ''Where did you find her..?''

''In the most destroyed part of the house.'' He answered with a smug look.

''Lexi, what did I tell you?'' My dad asked in a menacing tone of voice, which could only mean one thing.

''You really expect a toddler to listen, Mr. Stark?'' The man had a point.

My dad rolled his eyes at the man before looking back at me, ''Lexi, go and sit in your chair while I work. Okay?''

I nodded and made myself comfy in my signature chair.

''Anyways, it worked. Hey, I'm playing for the home team Coulson, you and all your Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Now, are you gonna let me work or break my balls?''

Agent Coulson! That was his name. Phil.

Phil pulled an object out of a nearby box, ''What's this doing here?''

''That's it. Bring that to me.'' My dad demanded.

''You know what this is?'' Phil asked, handing my dad the object.

''It's exactly what I need to make this work. Lift the coil. Go, go. Put your knees into it. There you go. And... Drop it. Drop it.'' It was perfectly level. ''Perfectly level. I'm busy. What do you want?''

''Nothing. Goodbye. I've been reassigned. Director Fury wants me in New Mexico.'' Phil explained.

''Fantastic. Land of Enchantment.''

''So I'm told.''

''Secret stuff?''

'' Something like that. Good luck.''

''Bye. Thanks.'' my dad said, shaking hands with Phil.

''We need you.'' Phil sighed.

''Yeah, more than you know.''

''Not that much.'' Phil said, then left. I bit my tongue to keep myself from giggling.

''What did I tell you about going to that part of the house, Lexi-Mae?'' my dad said, obviously very frustrated by the use of my full name.

''I-..uh, not to go there..'' I stammered.

''Correct, so why did you?''

I shrugged, ''I'm sorry, daddy.''