An Unexpected Party Crasher // Age Of Ultron

I stood with Steve for awhile, both of us watching and listening on the flirting between Dr. Banner and Natasha.

That reminds me, I need to find out who Clint's girlfriend is.

''This flirting is painful.'' I spoke, drawing Steve's attention from the conversation to me.

''Agreed. Come on.'' He led the way to the bar as Nat walked away, then leaned on it while I hopped onto the nearest stool.

''It's nice.'' Steve smirked, turning Bruce's attention to us.

''W- wha.. what is?'' He stammered.

''You and Romanoff.'' Steve's smirk wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, and neither was mine.

''No, we haven't- That wasn't...'' Bruce trailed off, not knowing what to say and how to defend himself from his awful lying.

''It's okay. Nobody's breaking any bylaws. It's just she's not the most open person in the world, but with you she seems relaxed.'' Steve chuckled.

''I can see it now, 'Brutasha.''' I interrupted, using jazz hands to tease.

''No. Natasha, she just... She likes to flirt.'' Bruce mumbled.

''I've seen her flirt, up close.'' I'm sorry, what- I'll be asking him about that later. Steve grabbed a bottle of beer, ''This ain't that. Look, as maybe the world's leading authority on waiting too long, don't. You both deserve a win.''

''I'm sorry, is this dating advice with Grandpa now?'' I interrupted, trying desperately not to laugh.

Steve ruffled my hair and pulled me along, ''Shush, kid.'' He said playfully.

I rolled my eyes at the old man, ''What do you mean 'up close'?'' Just as I asked, Bruce called after us and said the same thing in unison with me. He didn't answer and continued walking.

Later on that night

After the guests had left, that left the Avengers, Maria, Dr. Cho and me. I was currently leaning my head on Clint's shoulder (Bruce on my left, talking with Natasha) as he twirled a drum stick in his hand. Where the heck he got it from, I have no idea. I was half asleep, you can't blame me.

''But it's a trick!'' He laughed.

''No, no. It's much more than that.'' Thor was absolutely smashed, as were most of the Avengers. They were all talking about Thor's hammer, Mjölnir.

''Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power.'' Clint joked, using a deep voice for effect, ''Whatever, man. It's a trick!''

Thor gestured towards his hammer, ''Please, be my guest.''

Clint took a minute to decide, but after my dad convinced him, he got up - much to my dismay. I lost my pillow.

''There goes my pillow.'' I mumbled, leaning my head back onto the sofa and watching the idiotic adults mess about.

Clint grabbed a hold of the handle and strained to lift it, ''I still don't know how you do it!''

''Smell the silent judgement?'' My dad had a smug face.

''Please, Stark, by all means.''

My dad never backed down from a challenge, so he stood up and made his way to the hammer.

''Oh, here we go.'' I muttered, rolling my eyes.

''Never one to shrink from an honest challenge.'' He smirked, just as Clint sat back down, making me happy. I immediately put my head back down on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me.

''Right, so, if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?'' My dad asked.

''Yes, of course.''

''I will be reinstituting prima nocta.'' My dad said, wrapping his hand around the handle and attempting to lift it. Of course, it didn't happen. Asgard is a different realm, with magic. It's not physics, it's magic. Odin, Thor and Loki are Norse Gods for heaven's sake.

''I'll be right back.'' Dad muttered. It was only a couple of minutes later that he came back with an Iron Man glove. By then, I could barely keep my eyes open.

Even with the glove, he couldn't lift it. He got Uncle Rhodey to try with his glove, then they bickered the other wasn't trying hard enough and they still couldn't lift it.

Next was Bruce's turn, where he nearly hulked out and caused everyone to go silent. Then followed Steve.

As he first attempted to lift it, I saw it move ever-so-slightly. And by the look on Thor's face, he saw too. Nobody else did, though.

''And, Widow?'' I heard Clint say, just as I was on the cusp of falling asleep. She refused to try, and I heard a few mumblings around the room...

''I think Lexi's about to doze off.'' Steve chuckled.

''Nope, not yet. LEXI!'' My dad yelled, startling me awake.

I glared at him, ''Was that necessary?'' Everyone other than my dad chuckled.

''Yes, bed.'' He demanded.

''Gladly.'' I mumbled, standing up and saying goodnight to everyone.

I stalked off to my room and changed into my pyjamas, then clambered into bed and snuggled Bunny tightly, slowly falling asleep...

Third Person

Once Lexi-Mae was upstairs, the adults continued to joke around but were soon interrupted by a high-pitch ringing noise.

From the shadows, a robot erupted, ''Worthy...'' Everyone turned their attention to the pile of metal that stood before them. ''No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers.''

''Stark.''

''JARVIS.''

''I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a dream.'' The robot continued.

Tony attempted to get the robot under control but couldn't, it simply was not happening.

''There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in... in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy.''

''You killed someone?'' Steve was the one to break the silence.

''Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices.'' The robot answered.

''Who sent you?'' Thor questioned.

The robot played back a recording of Stark speaking in his office, 'I see a suit of armour around the world.'

Bruce then realised, ''Ultron.''

''In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready.'' As the robot continued speaking, Thor gripped his hammer, Maria grabbed a gun, and everyone readied themselves to fight.

''I'm on mission.''

''What mission?'' Natasha enquired.

''Peace in our time.''