The Winter Soldier // Civil War

That week, Steve, Sam and Natasha flew to London. Turns out, Steve rushed out of that meeting because he had a message that his ex-lover from the war, Peggy, had passed away. Steve went to her funeral in London, along with Sam and Nat for company. From London, Steve, Sam and Nat went to Vienna for the accords.

I was currently training with Pietro in the training room. It distracted me, which was good. Kept me busy.

''Keep up, Sonic.'' I smirked, going for a punch at his side. He dodged it, to my disappointment.

He then circled around me, using his speed and randomly attacking me and pinning me to the ground, ''Keep up, Quick Kick.'' He mocked. 'Quick Kick' was my nickname that he called me because it meant 'slow'. Ironic, I know.

''That nickname makes no sense.'' I managed to sneak in an uppercut and wriggle out of his grasp, then standing up.

''Search it online.'' He chuckled, getting into a stance that told me he was about to run at me. As he did, I used my size to my advantage and slid underneath his legs. As he had his back turned, I jumped onto his shoulders and floored him.

''Done yet?'' I asked, keeping him pinned.

''Mmm... nope.'' He picked me up and flung me over his shoulder.

''Hey! No fair.'' I muttered, hitting his back and trying to get free. I kicked his stomach as he doubled over, I wrapped my legs around his head and flipped him over and onto his back. Nat taught me that.

''Okay, okay. You win.'' He groaned, causing me to smirk.

''Thank you, thank you.'' I mocked him by bowing.

He managed to stand up and climb out of the boxing ring, me in tow, ''You hungry?'' He asked, handing me a bottle of water and cracking open his own.

''Not particularly. I presume you are?'' I took a sip of the water. ''Wait, don't answer that. You always are.''

He chuckled, ''I'm going to get something, coming?''

''No, I'm gonna stay here for a while.'' I sighed. He nodded and walked out, leaving me to my own devices. Truth is, I was hungry but I just couldn't bring myself to eat.

I put my water bottle down and wrapped my hands, wrist and knuckles then made my way over to the punching bag, beginning to train with it. I felt frustrated today, so I took my frustration out on the punching bag. Whenever I did train, especially on my own, I lost track of time. I could train for hours on end and not care.

''How long have you been training for?'' my dad's voice startled me. I turned around to see him standing in the doorway.

''Hello to you, too.'' I muttered, unwrapping my hands.

''You didn't answer my question.'' My dad pressed.

I stuffed my wraps in my gym bag, ''I don't know, you know I don't pay attention to time when it comes to training and such.''

Then Pietro entered, ''You're still in here?''

''How long has she been in here, Maximoff?'' My dad asked Pietro.

''Since I left?'' He questioned.

''No, since she started training.''

''It's as if I'm not here, I swear.'' I huffed.

''Lexi was in here before I came in, which was three-ish hours ago.'' He answered my dad, who then turned to me.

''And how long were you in here before he came in?''

I rolled my eyes at my dad, ''I don't know.'' I lied. Two hours was the answer.

''You are rubbish at lying.'' Pietro smirked. I glared at him.

''Tell me you had a break.'' My dad sighed, pinching the skin between his eyes.

''Once Pietro left, I did.''

''It's true, she did.'' Pietro added.

''When did you last eat?'' My dad continued.

Yesterday morning. ''Just before I started training,'' I lied again. I managed to even fool Pietro, at that.

''Right, eat something now, then.'' My dad ordered, leading me out to the kitchen.

''Fine.'' I muttered, quite annoyed. I pulled out some brown bread from the bread bin, then grabbed the butter from the fridge. I put a slice of bread in the toaster, waited for it to pop then buttered it. After I'd put everything back where it belonged, I nibbled on the toast, just to make my dad happy.

I turned the TV on, and it immediately opened on the news.

''A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's king, T'Chaka.'' The news reporter spoke. Vienna? Wasn't that where Nat, Sam and Steve were... ''Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes...'' The camera zoomed in on the face of the suspect, James. I recognised the name, somehow. ''...The Winter Soldier.''

Well, damn.

''The infamous HYDRA agent linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations.'' I turned the TV channel over to a different one, deciding whether to call Nat, Steve or Sam. Fudge it.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I found Sam's number, then clicked 'call.' I put my phone up to my ear and waited for him to answer.

''Hey, Lex. You all right? What's going on?'' Sam asked once he'd picked up.

''Hey. I just saw what happened on the news. Is everyone okay?'' I replied.

''Oh, uh. Yeah, don't worry. Everyone's fine.. Well, other than the deaths...'' He trailed off as I immediately thought back to the name 'T'Chaka,' the king of Wakanda.

''Okay, cya, Sam. Tell everyone I said hi.'' I sighed.

''Will do, kiddo.'' He hung up the call and I leaned my head back on the sofa.

I decided to clean up and then head to my room. I picked a book off of my bookshelf and slumped down in a chair that was sat in the corner of my room beside my bookshelf.

I lost myself within the story of the book and lost track of time, for the second time that day.