Bombs Away // The Avengers

I was rudely awoken in the early hours of the morning by my mom, ''Lexi, wake up. Lexi, come on!'' she whisper-shouted.

My eyes fluttered open to see my flustered mother, ''Hm? Wha..?''

''Come on, darling. We have an early flight.'' She said, picking me up and changing me quickly into a pair of leggings and a long-sleeve top with a zebra on the front. She was already changed and our few pieces of luggage was already packed and ready for us to leave with.

Happy soon came up to our room to take our luggage and lead us down to the car that he was driving us in to the airport.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the plane

I threw my iPad onto the chair beside mine, ''Someone turn on the news!'' I exclaim.

Both Happy and my mom look at me in confusion, ''Why?'' Mom asks.

''Just do it.''

With a slight huff of annoyance, my mom reluctantly turned on the TV to see the city of New York being destroyed and invaded by robots. And Iron Man was there, that's daddy!

''Oh. My. God.'' Mom mumbled under her breath, just loud enough for me and Happy to hear.

''Plane's going down..'' Happy uttered.

''So is every other building, including the tower.'' Mom retorted.

''Is this why we came to Washington?'' I asked my mom, who had a look of terror on her face.

''Not particularly, sweetie. I did actually have some work to do.'' She answered. I nodded, keeping my eyes on the TV.

''What's that big wormy-monster-thingy?'' I muttered, looking at the gigantic robot, destroying everything and everyone in it's path as it floated through the city.

''No idea.'' Happy said.

''Daddy's leading it!'' I exclaimed, excited to see my dad on the TV once again. Nobody said anything for awhile until I interrupted the silence when the Hulk(along with the Avengers) was shown, ''Who are they...IS THAT THE HULK?!'' I practically shrieked, jumping out of my seat.

''The who?'' Happy questioned.

I smiled at Happy's confusion, ''The Hulk. He looks like a green-bean and fights like daddy.'' I then turned my attention back to the screen, ''YES, HE'S SMASHING!'' I exclaimed.

''Calm down, Lex.'' My mom warned.

''Sorry.'' I sat back down on my chair, but kept my eyes trained dutifully on the TV.

''Lord, I'm gonna kill Tony if he isn't already dead.'' She mumbled to Happy. That's when I saw my dad flying towards the huge, black hole that was in the sky.

''What is he doing..?'' I stammered. ''Wha-..No. What is he doing? Where is he?!'' I ask, frantic. We all sat there in complete silence, waiting for my dad to reappear. But he didn't...

WAIT.

HOLD THAT THOUGHT.

But he's...falling?

''Is he..'' Happy trailed off, just as Hulk caught him.

''I TOLD YOU HULK WAS THE BEST.'' I blurted, falling off my chair. My mom immediately got up and rushed over to me.

''Lex, are you alright?'' She asked, trying to help me sit up.

I winced at my wrist as I sat up, ''My w-wrist hurts.'' Then I began crying. FUN.

''Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. Come here, let me look at it.'' My mom said, gently taking my left wrist to look at it.

I winced as she looked at it, ''It doesn't seem broken or anything, probably just a sprain. Come on, sit back down on the chair. We'll get it looked at when we land.'' She said, helping me back on my chair and handing me Bunny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we landed, my mom managed to get a paramedic to look at my wrist. (Much to my dismay, I hate anything to do with the doctors or the hospital.)

''I can't be sure, I suggest getting it X-Rayed at the hospital once everything is sorted.'' He said.

My mom sighed, thanked him and buckled me into my car seat.

''Well?'' Happy asked.

''He suggested getting it X-Rayed at the hospital once everything is sorted.'' She huffed, pulling out her phone and dialling a number. The person on the other line picked up almost immediately and I heard my dad's voice.

''Hey, Pep!'' He exclaimed in a sing-song voice.

''Don't 'Hey, Pep!' me! Happy, Lexi and I saw what happened on the news. I thought you were dead, for god sake!'' She lectured him, making me laugh which also earned me a glare from my mom.

''Oh, come on. I'm fine. How's Lexi, then? You alright?''

My mom rolled her eyes so dramatically, I thought her eyeballs might just pop out of her head, ''I'm perfectly fine, we're on the way to the hospital for Lexi-''

''WHAT?! Why?!'' He cut her off.

''-If you'd let me finish, we're on the way to the hospital for Lexi because she hurt her wrist.'' She snapped.

''Do you want me to meet you there, then?'' He asked.

''No, it's fine. We'll meet you back at the house.''

''You sure? 'Cause I can get away from the team, if need be.''

''Yes, I'm sure, Tony. See you later.''

''Alright, see you later.''

And they hung up.