Chapter 4

Nadech

When she asked me to accompany her to dinner, I felt a slight pang in my heart. My baby is alone. I couldn’t say no, most especially when I saw the look in her eyes and her pouting.

She didn’t know how my heart beats at an abnormal pace when she held my hands. I want to hold hers forever but I can’t. When I asked her to let go of my hands, she just casually said sorry. No malice for her at all.

I know Patricia and I are going on a dinner date but I was thinking I still have a few hours, so I went with Yaya. I didn’t know she will actually drive us both to the Bamboo Bar. This witch. The witch that I only love.

I wasn’t able to protest when she started drinking. Of course I didn’t let her drink without eating dinner first. I ate with her even though I know I will be eating with Patricia but I still did.

I steal glances at her as her head danced with the music, lifting her drink. I didn’t drink.
I saw how her eyes went wide as she heard her favourite song, You Give Me Something that I secretly requested for them to sing so she can hear. The sadness in her eyes. She must’ve been thinking of me.
The way she closed her eyes as she sang along.

I’m not sure as to how many times I’ve seen Patricia’s caller ID flashing through the screen of my phone but I didn’t have the guts to answer her. I can’t leave Yaya alone. I was only able to send her a message which she didn’t respond to. I feel guilty for ditching her but luckily, I was able to fabricate another reason.

She passed out after a few drinks. She isn’t really into drinking. It’s just when she is sad or when she is stressed. I had to carry her to her car.

“Babe.. it’s you isn’t it? Or am I dreaming? Well I always do..” words from her as I was buckling her seatbelt settling her in the passenger seat.
Her eyes are closed. I kissed her forehead and whispered, “I’m sorry, baby” as I cupped her face and then closed the door.

I was contemplating where to take her. If I take her home, uncle Sig and auntie Pla will definitely scold her in the morning so I had to take her to her condo. It’s just a few kilometres away, anyway. I’ll get her settled and then will go to Patricia to apologize perhaps.

Arriving, she’s still asleep so I opted to carry her instead. She isn’t heavy. I always love her small physique.
I had her arms on my shoulders. She lets out small “Hmm” ‘s every single time.

Got the key from her purse earlier. I know this place as we’ve been here for a quite few times. I have always respected her so we only do kissing and cuddling, making out at some point.

I settled her on her bed. I sighed at the sight of her. I didn’t think twice, I changed her clothes into her silked pajamas. I just had to swallow an invisible lump seeing her naked before me but I cant let her sleep with her office attire on. I took a towel, went to her bathroom and took a basin with water so I can clean her face and arms plus her feet.

I caressed her cheek, getting rid of her dishevelled hair on her beautiful face. This is the first time after three years that I was able to touch her face. I felt her move snaking her arms around my torso as I sat beside her on the bed. I didn’t protest. I missed her so much.

It shocked the hell out of me when she slowly opened her eyes.
“I know it’s you.. Did you come back for me, huh? You missed me too, don’t you?” she looked at me lovingly.
“I’m dreaming. I know I am. Funny how only in dreams I am able to see you” she suddenly snaked her arms around my neck, burying her face there. I felt hot liquid drenching my polo shirt. Then she started sobbing.

I didn’t say anything. My tears are starting to race too. Pooling around my eyes. My poor baby. If only she know. I wanted her to know but I am more than terrified now how to. She will hate me and I’m scared to death if she’ll ever leave me. What I did to her is unforgivable.

I lifted her chin, making her look at me. I kissed her forehead, slowly trailing down the tips of her nose and without holding back, I kissed her lips. The light is dimmed, the moonlight illuminating her room.
I hear her heavy breathing. I tasted the alcohol from her lips.. her mouth as she kissed me back.

When we pulled away she hugged me tighter.
“I wish it’s always like this, I don’t want to wake up because I know when I open my eyes, you aren’t there anymore” she sobbed harder and a stray tear left my eye as I felt her longing.

“I love you.. and I hope you still do.Will you wait for me there, babe? I don’t think I can love anyone anymore. I love you.. I .. lov—e.. yo-u-u” she kept on repeating she loves me before drifting back to sleep, arms still on me.

Instead of leaving soon, I thought of staying until 3 in the morning. I want to lie next to her, holding her in my arms again, while occasionally kissing her forehead and her cheeks.

She is really drunk that she thought that she is just dreaming of me. I held her tight whispering I love you to her. My heart was like being cut in pieces seeing her hurting. She hasn’t loved anyone else. It has always been me. While she thought I am gone, weeping about it, here I am doing nothing about it.

“In time, baby. When everything is alright. When I am able to fix things, we will be together again. I just hope during that time, you still love me like this.” I kissed her one last time before heading out.

Completely forgetting about Pat and shrugging off the thought of going to her and apologize, I took a cab to the office to get my car and headed home. I will have a lot of reasoning to Patricia tomorrow so I drifted to sleep as soon as I laid my body to my bed. 

*****************************

A very short update. Just Nadech's thoughts and what happened that night ❤️ Hope you still like this.

Tweet me at @writingforny ❤️