Chapter 9

YAYA

I looked at myself in the mirror. Tonight is the KGMY Corp.’s thanksgiving party. I wore a deep black long doubled-slit dress, my thighs are exposed because of the slits that reached my upper thighs. Cleavage were also exposed. I wore a black stiletto.

My hair is slightly waved. My make up is just light as I don’t really need it. I remember Nadech admiring me when I don’t have a make up on so I was used to not putting heavy colors on my face. I wore the daisy necklace that Nadech has given me before. Gently touching it while it comfortably hangs on my neck.

When I arrived in the venue it was almost 9. I was into various events before so this one’s not new to me. I am always amazed by the design and how organized this event is. Thanks to Mario. I looked around and while walking in the red carpet at the center of the open double doors of the place.

I saw multiple flowers and petals on the floor, the chandelier was grand. I am alone. I don’t have any escort. I saw all eyes on me while I walk towards our table, but I didn’t mind. The business partners and clients are here too, looking at me.

I walk towards mom and dad and kissed them on the cheek before I comfortably sat on my seat. The music is loud but the lights aren’t dimmed yet for the party. Maybe in an hour.

Few people flocked in our table greeting my parents. I was introduced too and was smiling ear to ear with them. I casually walked to where the glasses of champagnes are, took one and sipped. I went to Mario and Baifern’s table. I haven’t seen Barry yet nor his parents. I didn’t really look at per table so maybe I just missed theirs.

“Yaya, you look really stunning tonight!” Baifern complimented and gave me a hug. I smiled and thanked her. Mario was smiling to me too.

“You’re right babe. Ya, you should have a date tonight. You are gorgeous!” says Mario and I let out a smirk.

“She doesn’t need anyone.” Baifern and Mario turned their heads to the one who’s talking but I didn’t. I know that voice. Well, similar to my Nadech but that’s Barry’s.

“What I don’t need is your opinion. Why wouldn’t I need anyone? I am free.” I continued sipping my champagne without giving him a look.

We heard a loud “Ohhh” as the lights were dimmed now. Leaving the venue with party lights but we can still see each other’s faces. The emcee told everyone to toast and that the after party is about to start.

This is the reason why I always arrive to the events late. I always look forward to the after party. I saw some people dancing now. Baifern. Mario and I just seated first. Nadech sat beside me but I don’t mind him.

“Where’s your Patricia? She should collect you just so you won’t be here annoying me” the lovers excused themselves now so I’m left with Nadech.

“She’s just somewhere.” there goes his stoic face again.

“Can you at least eat first, Miss Sperbund? You are sipping that champagne when you just arrived without even touching any food that’s served.” his voice authoritative.

“Yeah later. Have you eaten too? You seem so pale its you who needs to eat.”

“I’m full now just by looking at you” I snapped my head towards him as he said it. Confused.

“Pervert!”

“Look, aren’t you cold? Look at you! Look at what you’re wearing you—”

“Shut the fuck up. I don’t need your lectures. I can wear what I want.” as I told him that I stood up and joined a few people dancing to the loud music.

I turn my chin music up and I’m puffing my chest

I’m getting red in the face

You can call me obsessed

Its not your fault that they hover

I mean, no disrespect

Its my right to be hellish

I still get jealous

I danced my heart out not minding anyone as I am still sipping on the champagne glass nearing to get empty.
I almost slipped when someone grabbed my arms. A coat was put on me.

Barry was about to drag me away from the people but I whisked his hands away. His face darkened and he’s got this mystery in his eyes.

“What are you doing? I’m having fun!”

“You’re having fun showing too much skin, huh?”

“Why do you care? You don’t have the right to tell me what to do and what not!”

“I care because you are my brother’s girlfriend.”

“He’s not here anyway! He isn’t coming back and it’s your fault! I deserve this. I deserve to be happy!”

He tightened his grip on my arms that it hurts. He successfully pulled me away from the event.

“OUT. NOW!” his baritone voice filled my ear.

“Let go of me you punk!”.

“I won’t let you go until you go and stop flirting inside!”

I gave him an amused look.

“You’re really something. Let me remind you, you’re nothing and your opinion is not needed.”

“You.” I found myself pinned on the wall.

I matched his dark gaze even if I know how his face is just inches away from me. His eyes on my lips. Though I am aware that it’s a bad idea, I still did.

“Yo---”

I wasn’t able to finish what I’m about to say as he crashed his lips to mine. We are both sober. I had a drink but I’m still sober.

I’m dizzy. Intoxicated with his kisses. I think I am more intoxicated with his kiss than the champagne that I had earlier.

We’re both panting. I don’t know why I am kissing him back. His kisses are so familiar. It’s a if I know who’s kissing me right now. I am more confused at myself why I am allowing him.

His hands went down my thigh and that must’ve been a signal that I should stop him. It ignited a fire inside me. This is new to me. This feeling.

I had my left hand on top of his’ as he caressed my thigh. His veiny hands is just so manly. I came back to my senses.

“L-L-ets st-top t-h-is” I told him panting as I pulled away from the kiss. Our foreheads are still connected but I opened my eyes, his’ still close.

“What did you do?” finally I was able to utter the words, didn’t stutter. He licked his lips as he didn’t say anything. Now I am so confused.

“Who are you?”

His hands cupped my face as he kissed me in the forehead and walked away leaving me dumbfounded.

****************************

Not much of it but I hope this is okay? 💗💗

Tweet me if you have suggestions or DM me at @writingforny