Chapter 18

Here you go! I hope you guys will like it and I am looking forward to seeing what you guys thought of it, so please comment on passages you thought were funny, cute, endearing etc. 

Also, I would like to bring to your attention that in the near future I am going to put a Q/A in this book for Marylinde. Now I think I have seen this in one of OFFTH3MARK's stories, so the credits go to her, but I would like you guys to ask her some questions that I can put in the Q/A so I can make this story a little bit more interactive and I might do this with some of my other stories in the future as well if the possibility presents itself. 

So, if you want to know something about Marylinde or something about her past, her friendships etc. Ask a question and it might just show up somewhere in this book!

Loads of love and enjoy the chapter!

Second race weekend
Hanoi street circuit, Vietnam
Sunday evening

Marylinde was running around her hotel room, trying to find where she had left her mascara. She swore she had seen it earlier that evening after she had gotten back from the track.

She groaned loudly and to make matter worse, someone knocked on her door. She looked at the time. Fifteen to seven, so it couldn't be Pierre yet, right.

"I'm coming." She walked to the door, her dress still slightly unzipped as she hadn't had the time and effort to try and do it herself yet. She opened the door. "George..." Marylinde hadn't seen him since their little encounter at McLaren.

"Hey..." They remained awkwardly stood at the door until Marylinde set a step aside. George walked inside and looked around the room, there was something in every part of the room. It was a total mess. He turned around, looking at Marylinde, his eyebrows arched. "Don't even get started with me, I've lost my mascara."

"Why would you–" he stopped talking and walked to the head end of the bed and took something from beside the pillow. "You mean this mascara?" He had a soft grin on his face.

"You're a hero." Marylinde took the mascara from George and started applying it. When she was done with one eye, she lowered the mascara again and looked at George. "I'm sure you're not here to just stand there."

"No, I've talked with Kev."

"After I assumed you informed him of everything." She looked at him directly then, but the look in her eyes wasn't accusing. It was soft. "I'm sorry for my outburst, you probably were right. But I'm not ready yet. I promise, when I am, I am going to take trust in someone to throw it all out. Every word which spins around in my head. Silly or not."

"I heard. And though I oppose the thought of you keeping it in a second longer, I can live with it. For now. Don't take it too far. We don't want you to-"

"I know George. I love you but you can be a little much sometimes." George chuckled.

"I'm sorry." Then he noticed that Marylinde was a bit overdressed for a night in her hotel room. "What are you up to?"

"I, I am going out for the night." Marylinde bit her lip as she was trying to suppress a smile. "Speaking about that, I need a favour, now you're here anyway. Please zip me up." As Marylinde started applying mascara on the lashes of her other eye, George zipped up the final part of her dress. "You have bloody cold hands." She laughed as goosebumps rose on her arms. She looked at the time. "Shoot, five minutes and I still need to-" George laughed.

"Calm down maybe?" Marylinde shot him a glance.

"No, I still need to get my earrings." She walked to her nightstand on which a small box stood. There were two pair. Two small diamonds which she wore at night and whenever she wouldn't be racing and two hoops. She took the latter and put them in. "How do I look?"