Chapter 37

"George, thank goodness!" Lando was happy to see his friend standing at the entrance of the hotel Marylinde was staying at. "I don't know what to do about this. She is just numb." As Lando explained to George what exactly was happening, Alex came walking up to them as well.

"Oh, Mary." He looked at the girl and shook his head. She was just staring into the distance. "Les get her inside first." The group of four walked into the hotel and pushed Marylinde into the elevator.

"She just started blabbering about how she didn't know what to do with Pierre because dating him would mean the end of her career."

"She said the same thing to me. And it is not her talking." George shook his head. "Mary is head over heels for Pierre and wouldn't come up with that herself."

"And then she started saying how she was already dead and that even marrying Pierre wouldn't matter anymore."

"This is an entire bloody different situation from then." George ran his hand through his hair. She was scared to lose her seat then but it seemed like she was convinced she had already lost her seat this time. They didn't know what to do anymore.

"I think we need to inform Christian of everything." Alex didn't see another solution.

"We can't do that for her!" Lando exclaimed. "It is not our decision Alex! We can't just tell him everything that has been going on between her and Pierre just because we don't know what else to do!"

"She needs the reassurance for her seat!" Lando shook his head. Altogether, they had no idea what the best option was.

"Then what do we do? We can also just tell him that she is so anxious for her seat that she stopped functioning properly? He knows she struggles mentally." George looked at both of his friends. The elevator door opened and the three boys dragged Marylinde out onto her floor. In front of her room, someone was already waiting. "Crap," George whispered. "I'll deal with her, you look after Mary." He instructed Alex and Lando. The latter still having an incredibly worried look on his face. "Freja." George was clenching his jaws. "Can I talk to you right now?"

"No, I need to give Marylinde a stern talking to." She tried to slip past George, but he blocked the way as Marylinde was guided into her room. "George, let me by." Freja hissed.

"No, I need to talk to you." The door closed and Freja groaned. "What did you tell Mary?"

"I asked her whether it was smart to date Pierre, seeing their current situation." George shook his head.

"I'm pretty sure you did more than just ask, Freja. She said something that did not sound like her. And I am afraid it was the first domino to cause a chain reaction." Freja huffed.

"She was just upset about the crash and behaved irrationally." George shook his head.

"If that were to have been the case, she would have been fuming and I'm pretty sure none of us was to be alive. This has to do with Pierre."

"No, it does not."

"You don't understand, do you? You gave her an ultimatum: the guy she loves or her career, something she has worked her entire life for to achieve. And you didn't even let her chose, you just pushed one option on her, chose her job. How would you feel if they gave you that ultimatum?"

"AS her PR, I need to-"

"You are her friend first." George raised his voice and right at that moment, the elevator doors opened and both people in the hallway looked at the person coming out. "Pierre, please leave," George asked. "We can't exactly use you here right now."