Chapter 47

Marylinde was smiling from ear to ear when she exited Franz Tost's office in the Alpha Tauri headquarters. It was official. She was officially going to be a part of next year's Alpha Tauri lineup.

"Hey." Marylinde threw her arms around Pierre who was talking to one of his engineers. "Hi, by the way, I'm Marylinde."

"Matthew." They shook hands. "Are you allowed to disclose why you are that happy?" Marylinde chuckled.

"Officially, no, but I think you already know." Matthew laughed.

"I guess I do. I'll leave you two alone. I'll talk to you later Pierre." He winked and left the couple be.

"I did it." Marylinde grinned. "I got my contract for formula one." Pierre smiled lovingly and cupped Marylinde's cheeks. Her eyes were shimmering and her nose was scrunched up in delight.

"I love you." He pecked her nose, making Marylinde blush.

"I love you too." They just stood there, lovingly looking at each other until Pierre spoke up. "Only now we are going to have to deal with a long-distance relationship when we are not at the track. We are no longer both at Italian race teams." Marylinde pouted.

"Why did you have to move up to Red Bull again? You need to remind me."

"Do I really have to remind my fellow racing driver and competitor of why I went to Red Bull?" Marylinde shook her head.

"I am going to miss having you at a one hour drive away, however. Now I need to fly for more to get to you."

"Luckily, there will be twenty-three races next year, meaning at least twenty three weekends together, plus the summer and winter break." Marylinde chuckled.

"You are right, I don't need to see you more than-" Before she could finish, Pierre had already thrown her over his shoulder, making her squeal. "Pierre freaking Gasly, put me down!" She exclaimed as he started walking through the facility. "Pierre, I'm serious. I am going to kill you the second you put me down."

"Well, then I better not put you down." Marylinde groaned loudly, making a couple of Alpha Tauri crewmembers laugh at the sight. By then, it had already become clear that the two were hopelessly in love and that they were probably the most adorable couple on the grid. Not even Maniel could come close to how they were together. But then again, they were on a different level.

"So, what's the plan now? I'm done for the day." Pierre said, looking at Marylinde who was quickly scrolling through her phone.

"Go home? I am exhausted, way too many new things for today." She leaned in against Pierre's chest to emphasise her words. "Watch a movie, cuddle. I don't know but I don't need any more stimulus around me."

"Let's go home then." With his arm wrapped around her shoulders, Pierre and Marylinde left the Alpha Tauri headquarters and got to their cars. "I'll see you." He kissed her when he dropped Marylinde off at her car. She had come from Vicenza that morning whereas Pierre had come from his place. She had not immediately gone to Pierre's because she had to be at Prema the day prior and Mick and Arthur felt neglected. But for the rest of the day, they would have to live without her again.

Marylinde got into the car and called Mick to tell him she wasn't going to come home for the night.

"Mary, how are you?"

"Good, I am calling to tell you that I will be staying at Pierre's."

"You know the offer still stands." Marylinde laughed.

"I know Mick, if he does something I don't want, or don't want yet, I call you and you will pick me up. But he is not going to do that."

"I just want you to know."