Chapter 46

Marylinde rested her head against the back of the sofa. She was exhausted after a long day at the factory, followed by talks with Christian Horner. They wanted her in Formula one. It was as clear as day and they had a seat for her but the final things needed to be arranged before Marylinde would be able to start having conversations with the team about her contract.

She had also started looking for a new PR as Laura was going to stay at Red Bull. Marylinde had always known Laura was going to be an interim pr but she liked the girl a lot and dreaded the process of finding a new pr so pushed it back time and time again. But with her most likely going to Formula one and not with Red Bull, she was forced to start looking for a new pr.

"Mary, there is someone at the door." Marylinde groaned and got up from the sofa in her parents' house to see who was at the door.

"Alex?! What are you doing here?" The British Thai wasn't smiling at all, his shoulders were slumping and he looked like he was about to break down. "How about we go for a walk?" She asked him as she already reached for her coat, her shoes still on her feet as she had been too tired to take them off in the first place.

In silence, the two walked for a couple of minutes until Alex finally got the courage to tell Marylinde what was on his mind.

"I've been dropped." Marylinde frowned but it didn't take her long to realise what Alex was talking about. He had been dropped by Red Bull.

"Crap..." She murmured.

"I mean, we all knew it was going to happen. Out of the four drivers under contract with Red Bull, I have been performing the worst and with you moving up to Formula one-"

"Nothing has been signed yet, Alex. Until I have it black on white, I refuse to believe so."

"But we both know Christian wants nothing more but to have to you move up so you can later make the move to Red Bull. I'm not blind." Marylinde bit her lip. She wasn't sure how to respond. "I knew it was coming but a part of me kept hoping that they saw something in me. Guess they didn't." Marylinde looked at the ground, tears brimming in her eyes. She felt somewhat guilty for the fate Alex was now suffering because of her. Because she was going to get that seat in Alpha Tauri for the next year.

"What are you going to do now?" She asked him but Alex remained silent.

"Trying my best to find a seat anywhere on the grid. I don't care if I won't be fighting for points. I haven't been showing what I am capable of at Red Bull and I need to redeem myself." Marylinde took Alex's hand and gently squeezed it.

"Whatever you need from me to help you in any possible way, I am here." Alex smiled as they continued to walk. At that moment, the only thing Marylinde could do for him was to be there, comfort him when needed but also give him the push he would need eventually. The push to get over it all and to keep his head high and searching for his new challenge.

"How was your day." Alex eventually asked. "You look exhausted."

"Very busy. Between meetings with the bosses to set up my contract for next year when it comes to my ties with Red Bull, calls with Alpha Tauri and the search for a new PR. I barely have time left to train and do my simulator runs." Alex looked at the small figure beside him. Dark bags were visible on the sensitive skin beneath her eyes and her eyes didn't shine.

"With the risk of you getting mad at me-" Marylinde furrowed her eyebrows as she looked up at Alex. "but you need to take better care of yourself, you look like you are about to break down."

When there was no response, Alex knew the answer. She was about to break down. "Have you been sleeping?" Still, the girl didn't answer. "Mary?"

"Not as much as I should have been."