Chapter 1

Hi guys! So, here I am. As I said: if I ever were to get a chapter done sooner and had the next chapter ready as well, I would post it sooner. That is exactly the case right now as I have finished chapter two as well. Now, before you start, be warned this is a damn long chapter with over 4000 words, so be prepared haha.

I hope you guys will like it! Please let me know what you think about it in the comments! I like to hear what you guys think of certain events and such as I love interacting with my readers!

First race weekend
Thursday

Marylinde's heart was racing as she entered the paddock for the very first time as a formula two driver. She was anxious to get in the car and just get it started, but first, she would have a meeting with the stewards, followed by a meeting with the team and then a training session so she would be at her best the following day during the free practice and then qualifying.

It was something she wished was like formula one. A full day of just driving the car, making sure the car is running smoothly before the next day you'd have another session of practice before actually having to put down the fast laps.

Though Marylinde performed best under pressure, she also hated it more than anything. It was a shame that on racing drivers there was always pressure. Pressure to perform well, pressure to give the team the right feedback, pressure to show the best side of you all the time.

So she walked through the paddock with a smile on her face. She smiled to the photographers who asked her to snap a picture, the fans who wanted an autograph and a photo and all the members of different teams she quickly said hello to as she passed by. She wanted to leave the best possible impression on everyone and sometimes that got the better of her.

"Where are you heading to?" Marylinde nearly jumped out of her skin as she hadn't noticed the tall Red Bull driver beside her. "Sorry." Alex immediately said. He knew her well enough to see that she was swimming in her thoughts, moments away from drowning. "Do you want to get the gang together tonight? Some chilling in one of our rooms?" Marylinde shook her head, stopping to give Alex a quick hug.

"That sounds great. Though it is really annoying you guys can look right through me." Alex laughed.

"Once someone gets to know you, you are as easy to read as a children's book. But where are you going?"

"Driver's meeting." Marylinde sighed. "Not my favourite thing, but I guess I'll have to do it anyway." She forced a smile. "But I should be going, I'm already a tad late."

"Sounds like you." Marylinde shoved Alex a little and then continued walking. "I'll text you!" Alex yelled after and Marylinde raised a thumb at him over her shoulder. After a couple more minutes of walking, Marylinde found the place where the meeting was held. Everyone was already there for as far as Marylinde could see in a glance, but she saw a free spot between her two best friends on the grid.

"Hey, guys." She smiled at the Brit and German. Callum and Mick looked up to see the tiny female driver standing beside Callum to step into the row of chairs and sit down.

"There she is, lo-"

"Don't you dare give me the being late is so you crap, I've already gotten it a couple of minutes ago." Callum immediately shut up again. They knew when not to bother Marylinde. She definitely had a bit of the feisty Magnussen blood running through her veins.

The meeting was long and boring and somewhere along the way, Marylinde had rested her shoulder on Mick's shoulder, who just happened to be on the side she always leant on. If it had been Callum there, she would have let her head rest on his shoulder. It was nothing out of the ordinary, just some ground rules they would have to stick to and some small things they needed to keep their eyes out for.