Chapter 26

I am trying to keep updating every week, but I can't promise anything. I have a few chapters to spare, so for a couple of weeks, I'll be able to keep weekly updates up at the least. 

Either way: I wanted to ask you guys if you have any questions for Marylinde. I am going to do a q/a in the near future, but I would like some questions from you guys. It can be about anything and if you come up with some during later chapters, that's fine. I will keep repeating this a couple of times ;)

stay safe!

"Pierre, I'm scared." Pierre stood from the chair he had been sitting on seconds before to sit down beside Marylinde. He put his hand on her back and the tears started to drop down her cheeks. "I don't know if I-" She stopped, a sob slipping over her lips. "I don't know if I can drive the car." She turned, threw her arms around Pierre's neck and started crying. "I'm scared to let them down."

"Who?"

"Everyone. So many people are counting on me. I can't let them down. So many people have sacrificed things for me. Time, effort, money, friends, family, home." The sobs continued, a knock was heard, but Pierre told the person not to come in.

"Give me a little, I'll be on time." He kissed Marylinde on the head, a simple act to tell Marylinde he was listening again, he was there to help her and she could tell him everything.

"I can't let them down, Pierre. I can't let them down, not after all they have done for me."

"Who?"

"My parents, Kevin, George, Lando, Alex, Callum, Freja, Peter and so many others. They have sacrificed so much for me to live my dream. I can't let them down before achieving the very best. I can't disappoint them. And I'm afraid I will. Heck, I don't even know why Red Bull took me on."

"You can do this with your eyes closed. You have too much talent to fail miserably. You just have to trust in yourself. And that's hard." Pierre stopped. "And I know, some things can knock you down, but the only thing you can do is stand up straight and fight back." Pierre made her look up. "And you can't do that alone. You know the saying behind every great man stands a strong woman?" Marylinde looked. "I wouldn't have gotten through a lot without my mom." Marylinde chuckled through her tears. "I'm not joking!" Pierre laughed as well. "My mom has been my rock through everything. Starting racing, moving out, Anthoine's death." Marylinde noticed that even thinking of the death of his friend still broke his heart. She sniffed and looked him in the eye for the first time since saying his name the first time in the garage.

"I'm sorry."

"It depends what you are sorry for, you don't need to say sorry for whatever it is. Unless you ran into my car and broke it when you were trying to talk to me. Or if you are sorry for letting Red Bull win the challenge."

"You're a dork."

"Or for that comment." Marylinde laughed.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, I should have realised I'm not the only one who-" She stopped.

"Sometimes struggles in life? Everyone struggles yes, but that doesn't mean you should apologise for your struggles." Marylinde hiccuped, making both herself and Pierre laugh. "I like that smile so much more." He caressed her cheek, wiping away the tears. His eyes flicked down, but he cleared his throat and pulled back his hand. "We should both get ready." He stood up, leaving Marylinde confused.

"Sure, good luck Pierre." She gave him a careful smile. "See you out there."

"See you there!" Marylinde pulled her sunglasses from the collar of her shirt and put them on to hide her puffy eyes. She was happy to be able to put it on hay fever if people were to notice.