Chapter 11

Yes, I am a day early, but no, this is not the chapter meant to be posted tomorrow. Yes, you heard that right, two chapters in two days. Both are longer than I usually make them and I don't know where he extra 500 words in this chapter and 900 in the next chapter came from. I have made a new cover as well, it's a bit cleaner I think, let me know what you think of it! 

So I guess all I have left to say is to have fun reading. 

Also, keep commenting, I love reading your comments and I try to respond to them all. Also, I've heard from someone she is currently shipping a pair, let me know who you ship!

stay safe!

"Marylinde, it's good to have you here for the weekend." Christian Horner smiled at the young Dane wearing her Red Bull shirt and hat. "It's been a while since we have seen each other, but we thought it was about time to have another meeting with you." Marylinde smiled. She did understand that, but she didn't understand why it had to be at the Chinese Grand Prix while she didn't have to race there. She wasn't going to be happy if catching up was the only reason she spent so many hours up in the air, though she had fun with Lando and Pierre.

"It's great to see you again. Is there anything going on that I was needed so urgently?" Christian nodded.

"But we will discuss that in the meeting you and I will have later today. Helmut Marko will be there as well." Marylinde's heart started to race. Why would she need to have a talk with two of the big bosses in the team? "Until then, feel free to go up to your room, these are your keys. You're on the same floor as the other drivers, so you can also catch up with them. You and Yuki know each other right? And Alex for sure."

"The only times I saw him was at the Red Bull related events. By now I might just know Pierre better. But yes, Alex is one of my best mates." She chuckled. "Either way, I think I am going to get a quick nap. I have barely slept in the past two days."

"We need you on point."

"I know, but I hate sleeping on planes and the night after you called me I was nervous and overthinking everything. I'll make sure to have a good night's sleep before the weekend actually starts." Christian nodded.

"I'll be waiting here for you at two o'clock." Marylinde looked at her watch, it was eight now. That meant she could sleep for about three hours. It was better than nothing. Marylinde said goodbye to Christian and walked to the elevator, only to catch Pierre there.

"What floor are you on?"

"Fourth. As are you." Pierre frowned. "Christian told me. I am on the same floor as the drivers apparently, whatever that might be."

"Maybe we'll be allowed a fifth car." He winked and Marylinde gave him a weak smile. "You look exhausted."

"I am." She rested her head against the elevator as Pierre pushed the button for the fourth floor. "I'm going to take a quick nap before meeting with Christian and Helmut Marko."

"Both of them? What did you do?"

"Nothing as far as I am concerned. I am no step further to knowing what is going on after my talk with Christian."

"Maybe they are going to offer you a seat?" Marylinde shook her head.

"I'm pretty sure they will not." She chuckled. "I might have the points I need for a super license, but where would they want to put me, the only one who isn't going at his best is Alex, but it's not like he is driving so bad he will be kicked out before the end of the season. Max, they'll never let go mid-season, if ever and you and Yuki are doing great. That leaves zero seats." Pierre nodded.