Chapter 8

Are there any races you'd like to see f2 race in this book?

"Gosh." Tears were streaming down Marylinde's cheeks. "I haven't laughed this hard in a long time and that says something seeing I have a couple of idiots as my friends back in my idiotic motorsport life." Freja wheezed.

"Luckily you have me to help you keep sane."

"But even your amazing skills are barely enough." Ida was clutching her stomach. "I mean, they're insane." They had had a couple of glasses of wine, or better said, downed two bottles of their favourite wine.

"That they are!" They laughed even harder.

"Call them!" Ida exclaimed. "I want to hear them being idiotic!" Marylinde took out her phone and opened the group chat with them. She called all of them and then they waited, giggling as they laid on their stomach on Ida's bed, facing the phone.

"What's up Mary." George was the first to answer. He was laying in bed, shirtless, making Ida gasp at the sight. "And Freja and Ida, right?" Ida rolled out of the camera's reach, screaming into a pillow. "Is she okay?" Mary giggled again.

"And are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" She snorted. "Albono!" Alex immediately frowned.

"What is up with you?"

"I'm drunk. I was tired and we downed two bottles of wine."

"And half a bottle of Safari."

"Oh, yea!" They giggled and Ida rolled back into vision. Right at that moment, Lando answered the call as well.

"Lando stream off. Right now." George was very clear when he saw where Lando was sitting. Lando was sitting in his gaming seat and knowing the guy, he was probably streaming it all on Twitch.

"Why?" Lando had a confused frown on his face but started apologising and doing something on his computer. "Why did I have to end the stream?"

"Because it's going to mean the end of Mary's career if she is found drunk on your stream." Lando started laughing.

"Are you drunk?" George and Alex weren't exactly laughing at it, but Lando appeared to find it hilarious, as did the three girls in Denmark. "I've never seen you drunk. Why have I never seen you drunk?"

"I've never been drunk." Marylinde laughed.

"Why the hell are you now then?" Mary shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe it's best for you girls to just go to bed now." George tried to sound as stern as possible, but even he couldn't help but crack a smile. Seeing Marylinde drunk was hilarious as she suddenly broke out into some Danish song.

"Gosh, she's really drunk." Lando agreed immediately.

"Next time we see her we are going to get her drunk. I swear she is really stupid when she is drunk. Should be good fun."

"No way in hell." George had clearly taken the role of the most mature friend in this situation, realising how this could ruin Marylinde so early in her career. It was something for a guy like Kimi Raikkonen to be seen completely drunk, but he had set a name for himself and people found it hilarious to see that side of him. For Marylinde it would mean the end of the line.

Callum: Am I missing something? Having a night with some friends, can't exactly walk out on them.

Lando: If you think seeing Mary drunk is missing something, yes you are

Callum: Mary is what?!

Alex: Drunk

Callum: We're going have to ask Peter to take alcohol off her diet as well?