Chapter 24

Hi everyone, 

this chapter is on time, but without the promise that the next one will be as well. I am currently not feeling my very best, with school weighing down heavy on my shoulders. I am behind on a couple of things and whenever I am not feeling at my best, my performance at my internship goes down as well. 

I really hope you guys understand I would change it if I could and that I will try my very best. But with a very exciting new project I am working on behind the scenes as well, I am not sure whether everything will keep going the way it is currently. 

Loads of love, 

stay safe!

Circuit de Barcelona
Thursday

"Marylinde, welcome to Barcelona." Marylinde smiled brightly at the Dutchman standing behind the camera. "An exciting weekend up ahead. Your first session in a formula one car, driving the Red Bull. Do you have any expectations?"

"Obviously, I am going to get the most out of the car and beat everyone." Jack Plooij started to laugh. "But all jokes aside, I am just going to do my best and see where I'm going to end up. I want to help the team improve and not crash into anyone or thing."

"You'll be driving your best friend's car." Marylinde awaited the question but when it didn't come, she reacted to the comment.

"Yeah, it's a shame I won't be on track with the entire crew, but I'm happy to be driving at all. I'm going to try to show what I can do, gathering data from the car and then prepare for the next time."

"So we won't see you topping the sheets?"

"If everything goes my way, you will but I don't estimate the chances of that too high."

"It was good speaking to you." Marylinde smiled. It felt different this time. Just like in China, she was wearing her Red Bull kit, but this time she would be driving. She would be the second driver for the first session. It was Thursday, meaning media day, only rather than having twenty drivers being interviewed all day long, it was twenty-one.

Thankfully, Peter was with her again, meaning it would be a somewhat normal weekend on all the other aspects. She had Freja with her and she was dragging her through the interviews, the most despised part of the weekend, whether other drivers admitted to it or not.

"Next on your schedule is Will Buxton." Freja was smiling one ear to the other. "We are-" She stopped. "Right, you already chatted with him, but we as a team is finally going to chat with him! Some would say you are about to make it. You are the news of the paddock right now." Marylinde twirled a strand of hair around her finger.

"Ready to meet him?" Freja frantically nodded. "Thank goodness it is me who has to do the interview and not you." Marylinde joked. "You wouldn't be able to say a word." They walked towards Will and Marylinde greeted him with a smile. "Hi, there Will."

"Ah, Marylinde."

"I would like to introduce you to my PR, the one is told you about last time." Freja stood frozen behind her friend. She had not expected to be introduced to Will Buxton.

"Ah, I can't remember your name, but it is lovely to meet you." Will extended her hand.

"Freja. It's-" Freja stopped, hesitant of what to say. "-an honour to meet you?" Will laughed.

"It is great to meet you as well. Marylinde is well trained for the interviews, guess you have to be thanked for that."

"It is the only thing I can convince her on to listen to me about." They laughed. "The worst thing is that it is not a joke." Marylinde rolled her eyes.