Chapter 2

Should have done this past Sunday, but somehow didn't so here it is...

First race weekend

Thursday night

Later that night, Marylinde had already changed into a pair of joggers and a t-shirt she had stolen from one of the boys years ago during one of their sleep-overs. When she heard laughter coming from the hallway, she stood up and walked to the door.

"George, Albono, come in." She hugged both drivers and then stepped aside so they could walk into her room for the weekend.

"Lando and Callum are late yet again, what a surprise. You'd almost say you have been teaching them well." George poked Marylinde's side who quickly jumped away.

"What are you getting at George?"

"Maybe the fact you are almost always late? Just like this morning when-" Marylinde quickly covered the Thai's mouth with her hand so the rest of his sentence was incomprehensible.

"Just like this morning? Were you late for your meeting?" George's eyes held a mischievous glint as a grin tucked on his lips. "It wasn't because you wanted your coffee so desperately right?" Marylinde shook her head and took her hand off Alex's mouth with a scrunched up nose.

"That's absolutely disgusting Alex!" She exclaimed and wiped her hand off on his shirt. "You don't lick people's hands, you can do that to your girlfriend or whatever, but don't ever do it to me again." George and Alex laughed as Marylinde walked to the ensuite bathroom to wash her hands.

"Can you guys give at least Lando a call, I swear that guy has forgotten all about it."

"Just like you did?"

"Alex! Stop exposing me!" Marylinde walked back into the bedroom and whacked his arm playfully before letting herself drop onto the bed, right next to George.

"Are you that done with today?" He asked, his voice soft and laced with worry.

"I'll be fine. Everything is just a lot." George hugged her as someone knocked on the door.

"I'll open the door," Alex said and soon Lando's voice together with Callum's joined Alex's.

"Awe, you guys." Callum joked, but before George and Marylinde could pull away from each other, they were tackled by Lando who jumped onto them to make it a group hug.

"Lando, you're crushing me." Lando laughed and the three friends clumsily got off each other.

"Jack, hi!" Marylinde said. Luckily the Korean Brit was very well known with the behaviour of the friends and this was nothing new for them. He had known all of them for years now and as time had progressed each one of the friends had found a role for themselves within the friendship.

"Hey, Mary." They laughed and eventually, they all found a place to sit in the now fully crowded hotel room.

"Let's play some games," Alex suggested, taking out his phone to find a game. "How about thirty seconds or something along those lines?"

"I'm okay with it. Three teams of two or two teams of three?" Marylinde asked as she looked around the group. "F2 against F1? Jack, Callum and I against the three of you?"

"Deal." Lando was quick to shake Marylinde's hand. "And it is going to be a glorious win for us."

"Don't jinx it." Lando rolled his eyes and pretended to flip his hair over his shoulder.

"Like that would happen."

"You hear it, George and Alex, if you lose, you have Lando to blame." Callum laughed and Jack and Marylinde were quick to follow while Lando was already muttering several excuses for why they could possibly lose from the three lower category drivers.