Chapter 32

After the amazing surprise from Zayn I know I have to get him a great gift. Not necessarily expensive but something he will really like.  I don't think I will be able to top his little stunt, but I can try. That was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. I don't know how I got so lucky to have Zayn.  I was not sure what to get him at first but then it hit me. He had been talking about a certain thing he had been wanting for a while now. I hadn't noticed until now that he was hinting.   

"I have no clue what to get Harry." Ellody complained. Brynn, Aubrielle, Lillah, Louise, and I decided to go shopping for our significant others today. We drove to the mall and began the day with some Starbucks. I got a vanilla bean frappucino.   I could tell the day was going to drag on. 

"Well why don't you get him a watch or cologne?" I suggested. Those are classic guy gifts. If I hadn't remembered what Zayn had been talking about for a while I would be going with a watch.  Ellody and Lillah discussed gifts with each other while I left the group to look at the gift I had been waiting to buy for Zayn.  

"Excuse me miss?" I asked the attendant in the store. 

"How may I help you?" The lady asked kindly. 

"Can I see the colors you have for letterman jackets?" I asked. 

"Of course! Right this way!" The lady led me to the back counter. We began going through tons and tons of color swatches until I found the ones that matched our school colors. This gift had to be perfect.  I gave her all of Zayn's medals and letters to be sewn on. I had called Trisha and got all of them without him knowing. He had some from football and letters for being on the team.  Zayn is going to love it. I know how much he wanted one but never bought it for some reason.  

"Alright your order should be done in two days. Thank you for shopping with us!" The lady spoke sweetly as I pulled out my card to buy Zayn's gift. I thanked her and headed out to find the girls.   

I ended up finding them in  the jewelry store looking at watches. Lillah seemed to have found the perfect one for Harry.

 The holidays are my favorite time of the year. I love to see the reactions when you give someone a gift, it's the best feeling in the world. Knowing you made someone happy with something you picked out especially for them just feels really nice.  I can't wait to see what Zayn thinks of his gift. 

"You girls ready?" I asked as Lillah slid her wallet back into her purse. 

"Yes! I'm all shopped out!" Brynn spoke up. She had two big bags filled with gifts. 

"Let's get home!" Aubri spoke next. We all piled back into our cars and headed home after a very successful day of shopping. All of our trunks were stuffed with gifts for various people.  

***********

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled as I came through the front door. I wiped my boots off to remove the snow from outside.  

"I'm in the kitchen!" She yelled back. I took off my coat and headed for the kitchen. 

"I'm making cookies. Want to help?" My mom loved making Christmas cookies. I could see she had been at it for a while now.  There had to be at least 4 dozen cookies laying around.  

"I would love to!" I washed my hands and dove right in helping. We cut out little gingerbread men, trees,and snowmen. They were so adorable! As those cooked we moved onto making some cupcakes. I made red and green ones. Using one of my mom's icing bags I frosted them carefully and made them look very festive.  Sprinkles make everything better! 

"That should do it!" My mom said as we put the last batch of treats into the oven. We had been baking for at least 3 hours. Time flies when you are having fun! 

"That was really fun. Thank you mom." I said as I pulled her in for a hug. These are the times I wish would slow down, the times where I don't want to grow up. I just want to be a kid again sometimes. All that mattered was your family and what santa was going to bring you. I wish I could go back and tell myself to cherish all the childhood moments you can because if you don't you will regret it. When you're little you just want to be older and be independent, but when you get that you want to be little again.  

"Thank you for helping me! What you up to tonight?" My mom asked as we sat down at the dining room table. I started eating one of my fabulous cupcakes. It was so good. 

"I think I am going to Zayn's to watch some Christmas movies." I answered her as I finsihed my treat.  

"Oh how sweet, well have fun! I am going out to a work party." My mom got up to go change. I texted Zayn to see if he was ready for me to come over.  Five minutes later he said to head on over. I grabbed my keys and headed out to my car. It had been snowing really hard since I got back from the mall. There had to be at least 5 inches more out here. I'm guessing the roads are going to be extremely slippery. I have horrible anxiety with driving in the winter but I guess that's life. 

After the car was all warmed up I pulled out of my driveway and started the drive to Zayn's. Even though it was not that far I was extremely nervous to drive. The roads were very covered in the sticky snow and I could barely see through the flakes of snow falling. The road to Zayn's gets a little curvy towards the end making it that much harder to navigate. Everything was going so well until a car was coming around the bend on my side of the road, their lights were so bright and I could barely see. I swerved to the right to avoid the car, but my wheels caught some of the slushy snow and my car began to rotate around. I know you are not supposed to jerk the wheel in snow but I was not thinking straight.  All I saw was white spinning around me along with trees. Then one last tree when I hit it head on. I flew forward into the steering wheel hitting hard. The airbag did not activate for some reason. I felt a warm sensation on my face before my eyes slowly closed. Everything faded to black. 

____________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!!!! :) What did you think??? I am so happy about the feedback on the last chapter! It means a lot to hear what you guys think about this story. I decided I am going to extend the one shot contest to friday so go enter! Also we finally reached comment goal and vote goal!!!! So here is the new one. These goals are based on how good I think the chapter was. 

Comments: 15 

Votes:20 

Love and thanks always, 

brianna <3 xx