Chapter 4

I only have one quick thing to say. The characters' stories and anything that happens to them from now on is purely fictional and not based on anything in particular.

_________________________________________________________________

"Mallory, I have been meaning to talk to you." Ellody said to me.

"Look I would love to talk it out but can we please do it another time?" I said not wanting to deal with it just yet.

"Of course. Can we go out to lunch tomorrow?" she asked.

"Definitely. Text me the details tomorrow, for now let's just have some fun." I replied.

We returned to the bowling lanes and I put the pizzas down on the table.

*******************next day*********************

Last night was really fun. We played three games of bowling. Life feels so surreal right now. I have a great group of friends and feel like myself around them.  Ellody just texted me and is picking me up for lunch. I am kind of nervous about this little meeting.

"Hi." I said as I got in the passenger seat of Ellody's truck.

"Hey, where do you want to eat?" she said.

"How about the little cafe up the road?" I suggested.

"Oh that one that we used to go to all the time when we were-" she faded out remembering why we were going there. The rest of the ride was silent. Luckily the drive was very short.

We took a seat in a booth and ordered our meals. I was about to start talking when Ellody started instead.

"I really miss you. I'm really sorry for everything that has happened to you. Truthfully being friends with those girls was not worth it. Half the time they would put me down too. I should have said something to them. I just didn't-" she said.

"I forgive you." I said.

"I don't blame you if you hate- Wait you forgive me?" she asked shocked.

"Yeah. I forgive you. I mean we aren't going to be besties. I forgive you and I am willing to try to be friends again." I explained.

"Thank you so much. I will not let you down." she thanked me.

We finished up our lunch and I thanked her for buying. She dropped me off at my house and I decided to text Aubri and fill her in on what just happened. She was totally shocked but understood why I forgave her. I quickly changed the subject and made her tell me all about her night with Liam. They apparently hit it off and could not stop talking. They found out they have tons in common. I just know they are going to end up dating.

*******2 weeks later************

School is so boring lately. Ugh. On the bright side. Harry and I have been official for about a week and a half now. He took me out to dinner and asked me just before he kissed me goodnight. He is so sweet. Liam asked Aubrielle out the day after we went bowling. No surprise. They are the cutest couple ever. 

I walked into class and took my usual seat. The lesson seemed to drag on and on. Finally the teacher closed her book.

"Class, today we are going to be starting a project. Each of you will be assigned a partner." the teacher announced.

She began to list the partners. I didn't really hear most of them as I was waiting for my name to be called.

"Mallory and Zayn. Harry and Jessica." she said.

I turned to Zayn and he gave a small smile. I gave a frown. My boyfriend was paired with one of my worst enemies.

"You guys will each have to make a small informational documentary or commercial about the effects of technology on people. You have 2 weeks to finish it." she finished.

The bell rang soon after and my mood for the day was ruined.

****school day over*****

I tried to keep to myself most of the day. I was so happy when the final bell rang. I was just about to get in my car when I heard someone yelling for me.

"Mallory! Wait!" I looked to see who it was. Zayn.

"What's up?" I said.

"Would you want to come over so we can get started on the project tonight?" he asked.

"Sure. Get in and we will go straight to your house." I answered. I figured why not. It's better than moping at my house.

He showed me where to go and we reached it after about a five minute drive.

"My parents work the night shift so it will be just us." Zayn said as we walked through the front door.  His house is huge. It's so beautiful.

"You're house is beautiful." I said.

"Thanks. Well would you like something to drink or maybe a snack before we start?" he asked.

"Sure. I'll take something to drink." I replied.

 Zayn returned to the living room and we both took a seat on the couch. He handed me a bottle of water and I thanked him.

"So what kind of video should we make?" I asked.

"I was thinking maybe we have half of the video showing the good sides and then the other half the bad." he suggested.

"That sounds perfect." I complimented his idea.

"This is off topic but why did you frown when we found out partners this morning?" he asked.

"Harry is with my worst enemy." I told him.

"Jessica? Why is she your enemy?" he asked.

"She kind of made my life a living hell for 3 years." I explained suddenly feeling comfortable telling Zayn anything.

"That's horrible. Why did she do that?" he asked.

"I'm not exactly sure. She took any chance she had to tell me how ugly, fat, and unliked I was." I said.

"She is completely wrong.” he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You are none of those things." he said.

"Thanks, but here's the thing......I kind of changed over the summer. A lot." I said hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well I lost weight, dyed my hair, pierced my lip, got a whole new wardrobe, and started talking to more people." I explained.

"There is nothing wrong with change but I bet you were just as beautiful as you are now." he said. I instantly blushed.

"Thank you." I said.

"In all honesty I don't feel like working on the project anymore. Want to watch a movie or something?" he asked.

"Yeah that sounds great. I don't really feel like being in school mode." I agreed.

Zayn got up and made some popcorn and told me to pick a movie. I picked out Grown Ups and put it on. Zayn returned with popcorn and took his seat next to me. We laughed the whole time. That movie is just too funny. I felt like I had known Zayn for years. I let down all my walls so suddenly. He knew exactly how to make someone feel happy.

__________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if this chapter sucked. I have so much I want to write but I know I need to spread it out. So this is a filler? Stay tuned tomorrow for a new chapter :) Vote,comment,fan, and share! Also I would like to start something to be more involved with my fans :) Leave a comment below and the best comment gets a dedication in the next chapter. Just please don't only say upload soon. Tell me what you thought of the chapter.

-brianna xx