Chapter 40

I woke up at 7 a.m., no longer able to sleep. The thought of what today had in store was too much to handle. The day that every girl dreams of her whole life was finally here. Prom. It has taken months of preparation, planning, saving, and shopping. I have the perfect dress, date, and jewelry. Nothing can ruin this day.  My hair appointment was at 8 and I had the vision in my head of how it would look. Luckily the stylist I chose had practiced with me last week and it looked amazing. She just had to do what she did last week. She did exactly that and it looks fabulous. I got a side pony tail with pin curl detailing. It looked so perfect! I'm on my way over to Ariel's to do makeup, nails, and get our dresses on. Her date is her friend that transferred from Germany. Her name is Avery. She is so sweet and adorable. The past month the three of us have gotten to be so close.  Ariel is doing a smokey grey eye and big lashes. I chose purple smokey eye with silver accents and big lashes as well. Avery is staying natural with big lashes. Ariel and Avery look gorgeous as ever.  We helped each other with the dresses and added the jewelry and any last minute touch ups before we started the typical picture taking.  Ariel's host parents were so excited to take all these pictures. The limo should be here in about 20 minutes and it's time to make sure we have everything for the night. Clutch? Check. Phone? Check. Gum? Check. Camera? Check. Lip Gloss? Check. Mask? Check. 

*beep beep* 

The limo pulls up outside the house and out climbs Zayn. He looks so handsome. His tux perfectly matches my mint green dress. The white tux brings out his amazing skin tone. I hold my dress as Zayn opens the door for Ariel, Avery, and I,and we climb in.  The limo is beautiful. We are heading to the park to take group pictures and put our corsages on. The ride is not long and we make small talk along the way.  At the park Aubri, Liam, Brynn, Louis, Josh, Louise, Ellody, Niall, Lillah, and Harry are waiting for us.  The photographer began posing us and we took so many pictures I lost count. With the photographer finally finished we all pile back into the limo to head to a restaurant to eat. The drive was no more than 45 minutes and the time was passing quickly with everyone talking and laughing. I chose to have pasta for dinner while Zayn had steak. I made sure he did not get any on his white tux.  Everyone seems to be enjoying their meals and getting extremely excited for the rest of the night. 

I can feel the butterflies in my stomach as the limo pulls in front of the venue. This is it. The guys begin to shuffle out to open the door for us. The building is decorated beautifully but I know the inside is even more spectacular.  Zayn extends his arm as we walk together through the doors.  There are already tons of people lining the halls waiting for grand march to start.  Court members are already meeting in the back for lineup. Before I know it the music is already playing and people are beginning to walk out.  My nerves were going crazy.  

"Miss Mallory Collins escorted by Zayn Malik." I heard my name called and I began walking down the aisle. My heart was racing but I could not help but smile.  Zayn winked as we made it to the stage.  We reached the center and he whispered, "On 3, strike a James Bond pose. 1...2.....3..." I did the pose and the photographer caught it. Everyone clapped and cheered.  I got in line for court and anticipated crowning. The rest of the couples walked out and it was time. The previous year's queen came out to crown the king.  

"This year's prom king is..............................Liam Payne!" I felt my heart stop as Liam walked over to crown the queen.  I don't even have a clue who it could be. 

"This year's prom queen is....................................Mallory Collins!!" I could not believe it. I was in complete shock as Liam placed the crown on my head. I never would have thought I would win.  

"Everyone clear the dance floor for this year's royalty!" 

Liam bowed and put a hand out. I chuckled a little and accepted. Wait For Me by Shane Harper began to play as we danced. The rest of the court joined us halfway through the song and Zayn cut in. 

"May I have the honor of dancing with the queen?" Zayn teased as he took my hand. "I don't know you might have to earn it."  I placed my hand on his shoulder and we begun the dance we learned previously.  I tried my hardest to do the steps but I kept tripping. I gave up and let Zayn lead the way. I laughed as he spun me around the dance floor.  The DJ played really fun upbeat music and we all danced the night away. I would not change a thing about tonight. It was perfect. I did not want the night to end.  The music ended around 12 a.m. and was just the beginning of the rest of the night.  

The limo brought us all to my grandma's house where we had brought clothes earlier.  We all changed and headed out to the after party.  

__________________________________________________________________-

I'm sorry about this. I am just trying to get past this part so I can start writing like I used to. Hope you still enjoy. Thank you for all the support! I really appreciate it. 

love and thanks always,

brianna xx