Chapter 25

This past week has been difficult. Each day I had to see Jake. Being the pathetic alcohlic he is he didn't rembember a single minute of that night. Thank god. He parties every weekend and gets mindlessly wasted. Who knows what he has done. I have always been above the influence as I don't see a point to drinking. Drugs are just as stupid if not more. Zayn was very supportive the whole week.  I am not jumpy anymore with him or anyone that touches me finally. I think that I am lucky that things to progress any further.

Zayn saw a sign in the school office this morning advertising that the local theater is holding auditions for the Beauty and the Beast play. I have always loved singing but I'm too shy to sing in front of anyone. Zayn has caught me singing a few times and always tells me I should pursue it but I never have. He really wants me to audition but I'm not sure yet.

*******************

"I really think you should give it a shot." Zayn brought up the play again for the millionth time in the last two days.

"I actually think I''m going to. Can you drop me off at the theater tonight?" I finally made a decision that I'm going to go for it. Zayn's face lit up. He agreed to drop me off later to finally take this step.

"I hope you get the lead!" Zayn was so excited.

I have been trying to concentrate on my school work but all I can think about is my audition tonight. I know the songs like the back of my hand but I'm still so nervous.

**********************

"Good luck Mallory I know you wil do great!" Zayn reassured me as I stepped out of the car. I walked into the waiting room to await my turn. The room was filled with a lot of other people waiting to audtion. Most of the people looked to be about my age. I didn't know a lot of them I figured they were from the school just a few miles away. I took the only open seat next to an unfamiliar girl.

"Hi, I'm Louise. What's your name?" the girl next to me with golden blonde hair and warm brown eyes introduced herself.  

"Nice to meet you, I'm Mallory. Where are you from?" I asked as I did not recognize her from school.

"I actually live about 10 miles from here. My town doesn't have a theater group and I have always wanted to be in a play. Where are you from?" Louise asked.

"I'm actually from here. I live here in town and my boyfriend kind of got me to audition." I explained to her.

"Louise?" the audition manager called for her.

"Well I guess I'm up, here is my number call or text me sometime. I would love to get to know you, you seem super sweet!" Louise handed me a sticky note with her name and number on it as she made her way backstage.

"Mallory? Funny seeing you here." Josh replaced Louise in the seat next to me.

"Yeah I decided to audition. I didn't know you liked plays." I don't remember him mentioning that at all.

"I always have, and you never asked." Josh replied giving a smile.

"Well maybe we will both get a part." I told Josh truly hoping he would get a part if I did then I would know at least one person for sure.

"Maybe-" Josh was cut off after the first word.

"Mallory?" the audition manager called out my name.

"Good luck!" Josh told me as I got up to go to my audition. It was now my turn. I don't think I have ever been this nervous in my life.  I walked out onto the stage and shook out all the nerves as the track played. The words to the song began to flow out of my mouth like it was the easiest thing I had ever done. I couldn't  believe I was actually singing in front of people.

"That was lovely, Mallory! We will be posting the results tomorrow in your school office, good luck!" the head judge announced as soon as I finished. I breathed in a sigh of relief as the worst was done now all I have to do is wait until the results are up.

I called Zayn as soon as I was finished with my audition but turns out he just waited in the parking lot for me. He is just too sweet. I told him all about it, how Josh audtitioned and that I met Louise. I think he is more excited about this play than I am.  How I am going to sleep tonight I do not know.

***************

After managing to finish my homework early I decided to text Louise.

*Hey Louise! It's Mallory! I was just texting you to see how your audition went.*

*Hey Mallory! My audition went extremely well! How did yours go?*

*Mine went suprisingly well. I can't wait to see the results!*

*Me either! So what grade are you in?*

*I'm a junior. What about you?*

*I'm a junior too!*

We ended up texting until about 11 at night before deciding we should probably sleep. Tomorrow is the big day of results and I can't wait!

(Picture of Louise on the side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>)

______________________________________________________________________-

What did you guys think? Let me know in the comments :) Vote and fan as well! Share this story if you like it please! I'm going to try something new.....For the next update I am requiring 5 votes and 8 comments? Seem accomplishable? I think it is knowing how many amazing readers I have! Love you guys!

-brianna