Chapter 24

"What's going on in here?" Josh yelled as he saw what was happening in the bedroom. I tried to get up but Jake's drunk body was still sat on top of me. Josh pulled Jake off of me and told him to get out of here before things got ugly. Jake got off the floor and stumbled out the door.

"Are you okay?" he asked holding me close to him as I cried my heart out. I don't know what could have happened. All that matters is that it didn't. Things could have gone a lot worse if he hadn't shown up. I couldn't speak, I was still in shock from what had just happened. Josh continued to sit with me as I took in my situation.

"Just take me home please." I finally managed to choke out over the crying. I grabbed my purse that fell onto the floor and checked my phone to find 3 missed calls from Josh. Turns out he was looking for me too.

"Of course. Of course." Josh led me out to the car. I got in and just sat in silence until Josh got in the driver's seat.

"Thank you so much." I spokeas we started the drive. Paige decided to stay at the party longer. She was beyond wasted. I wonder why Josh didn't drink?

"Any normal person would have helped you so don't worry about it." Josh tried to comfort me. I flinched as he went to put a hand on my shoulder. I didn't do it on purpose. I guess I'm just a little jumpy.

"I guess you are kind of a hero now hey?" I tried to joke a little, noticing he had saved me and Brynn.

"I guess I was just in the right place at the right time." Josh cracked a little smile. I returned the small smile before turning away to look out the window to the dark road passing me by.

"I kind of told my mom I was spending the night at your house tonight so I can't go home. Could you bring me to Zayn's?" I could not go home tonight. Not after everything that went on. I knew Zayn would let me come over.

"Sure." Josh agreed to bring me there. We drove the rest of the way in silence.

**********

I texted Zayn after Josh agreed and told him I was coming over.

"Thank you so much for helping me and for the ride. I'll see you on monday." I said my goodbye to Josh and made my way to Zayn's door. I quietly opened the door and Zayn was waiting in the living room.

"Here come over and sit with me. We can watch some movies while you explain to me what happened." Zayn sounded a little worried. I told him something had happened just not what. I took a seat on the couch and began the story. I started out pretty strong but as I continued the story I broke down even further. I could see Zayn growing angrier and angrier.

"I'm going to kill Jake!" Zayn was so upset.

"Please! Don't speak of this! I don't want anyone else to know. I want to forget about it. Don't do anything. Please! I'm begging you." I pleaded. I really did not want this to get any attention at all.

"Okay, okay, I won't. I promise." Zayn pulled me into his chest. I am so glad he understands.

"Can we just watch a movie now?" I just wanted to forget about this night all together. Zayn put a movie in and we put a blanket on. I didn't really pay attention to the movie at all.

"Get off me! Get off me! Please don't hurt me!!!" I screamed.

"Mallory! It's okay! It's just me Zayn! You're fine!" Zayn grabbed me to try to calm me down. I must have fallen asleep and Zayn put his arms around me and I thought it was Jake.

"I thought you were Jake." I began to tear up again. "I can't even be comfortable without thinking what he could have done to me. What am I going to do Zayn?" I asked him just frustrated with my situation.

"Don't worry we will figure it out together." Zayn answered. "I will try to give you your space and I promise it will soon be better."

____________________________________________________________________

Just a quick update! I will update again this weekend :)