Chapter 29

The long night of movies, junk food, and laughing was exactly what Aubrielle needed. She was able to push everything aside and just have fun. Sometimes you just need to slow down and live in the moment.  Although it didn't solve her issues with Liam, it helped her have a break from drama. She decided to wait to text Liam until Sunday night to ask him to meet her at lunch to talk things out. She texted me yesterday letting me know that he agreed to talk to her. That's all she could talk about today, she was so nervous and was even practicing what to say to me.  I have never seen her so torn up about a guy. She is really crazy for Liam. They are so great together. There is no way this could break them up.  Aubrielle would never cheat on Liam and the guy in the picture has a girlfriend. I think once Liam finds this out he will realize he overreacted and there is no need to fight anymore. This is really none of my business but it's hard not to get involved when your best friend tells you everything.

I headed off to lunch while Aubrielle left to meet Liam wherever they agreed to meet. "Hey Mallory!" I heard all my friends chorus as I sat down to eat with them. I said my hellos and made conversation with everyone even though I was worried about Aubri. 

"Mallory??" Zayn waved his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What?" I came back to reality after zoning completely out.

"Are you alright?" Niall asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm just a little distracted." I really was.

"Well we were all thinking of doing something Wednesday night since this week is short." Louis informed me of what I had missed.

"That sounds fun, what would you want to do?" I asked thinking of how long it has been since all of us have done something together.

"I was thinking we all go hang out at my cabin again?" Louis suggested.

"That sounds great! Let me know the details later, I have to go do something." I told Louis as I got up to go to the bathroom. I entered the bathroom and heard someone crying. "Are you alright?" I asked the unknown person.

"Mallory?" the crying voice answered back.

"Is that you Aubri?" I asked with worry heavy in my words. 

"Yes." She wimpered.

"Please come out so we can talk about it." I can't stand seeing her so hurt.

"Can we go somewhere else? I can't be in school right now." Aubri asked through tears.

"Of course we can go to my house. You go get in my car and I will sign us out in the office." I told her the plan. I went into the school office and told them that Aubrielle wasn't feeling well and neither was I. Surprisingly the secretary didn't ask questions she just agreed and allowed us to sign out. Aubrielle was waiting in the parking lot when I got outside. I forgot to give her the keys. Oops.

"Hurry up! I'm cold!" Aubri shouted across the lot. I picked up my speed and rushed to the car. The weather has been cooler lately so the car was freezing inside. Luckily I didn't live too far away.  No one was home as it's the middle of the day. I took off my coat and headed upstairs with Aubrielle right behind.

"Now please tell me what happened?" I was worried what could have possibly happened with her talk with Liam.

"Well I went to meet Liam........"

*Flashback in Aubrielle's POV*

I hadn't spoken to Liam all weekend.  I was so nervous. Liam seemed to be still mad at me even though he never let me explain. I looked to the end of the hallway and all it did was keep stretching in my mind. I bumped into Ashley as she was turning the corner in the hallway.