Chapter 13

• Dedicated to Miranda S. (My Sexy Blonde Niall Loving Friend)

"Hey Mallory! How you been?" Chris asked. My jaw just about dropped to the floor. When Chris moved away it was hard. He was the one who supported me through everything. I can't believe he is back.  We stayed in touch for a while but eventually he got busy in his new school. Now I see Jessica has taken it upon herself to try and get with him. When I found out he was the reason she hated me I was so shocked. I had no idea she had feelings for him. She is definitely doing this to get under my skin. I am cringing at the thought of them together.

"I'm good. How about you?" I lied. He has no idea about the torture Jessica has caused on me.

"I have bee......"

"Let's go dance!" Jessica cut him off while pulling on his arm.

"Catch up later!" Chris called to me as the wicked witch led him to the dance floor. I gave a fake smile in return.

"What was that about?" Brynn asked. I hadn't exactly gotten around to telling her about the whole situation with him yet.

"He's kind of my ex." I told her. "I will fill you in later." Brynn nodded understanding.

***********

Dancing and singing to the blaring music was just not as fun tonight. All I could think about was Chris. I mean we were inseperable. He ended up moving and I was devastated. We mutually broke it off for the sake of the distance. Great here comes a slow song.

"Care to dance?" Zayn asked politely holding out his hand. I smiled and gladly accepted.

"What's wrong?" he asked noticing my mood.

"I just wasn't emotionally prepared to see Chris, especially with Jessica." I explained. I'm so glad I told him all about Chris, otherwise this would be just complicated.

We continued to spin slowly and rock back and forth to the slow ballad that was playing. I placed my head on Zayn's shoulder. The song was coming to a close and I turned slightly to find a sight I was not prepared for. Jessica and Chris kissing. I instantly broke loose of Zayn's grip. I have been strong lately but this just broke me. I felt the tears beginning to build. I made my way to the lobby of the building and just collapsed on the couch releasing all the feelings. I heard someone approaching behind me.

"Are you okay?" an unexpected voice asked. I didn't answer. I just continued crying. I felt the person place a hand on my shoulder for comfort but it didn't last long.

"What are you doing? Seriously get out of here!" I recognized this voice. Zayn. He was yelling at the person trying to comfort me. Who just so happened to be, Harry. Who would have guessed.

"I saw her leave the hall and saw she was upset and decided to see if she was okay. Is that such a crime?" Harry replied getting an attitude.

"You have no right to even talk to her!" Zayn answered back.

"Both of you enough! Zayn, you have no right to be in control of who I talk to!" I screamed getting upset at Zayn.

"You are seriously defending him?" Zayn answered angrily.

"I don't know! I don't need any more drama tonight! I don't want to speak to either of you! I'm going home!" I told them with fresh tears now spilling. I called my aunt to come get me. She is like my sister. We are so close.

"Hop in! Let's go back to my house and have a girls night, get this off your mind." she suggested as I got in the car.

"You always know what to do." I said thankfully. I told my aunt everything over some hot chocolate. She had loads to tell me. First off she said Jessica is just jealous and the best thing to do is ignore her and show her that I won't be brought down by her again.  She told me that I probably should just let Chris go. He obviously isn't worth the tears. She said Harry was very wrong at what he did but if I wish to still be friends that it's up to me to be careful. Lastly she told me that all Zayn was trying to do is help. No need to get upset at him. She thinks that I should apologize and she totally wants me to get with him. Typical. She totally thinks he's adorable.

"Thank you so much." I thanked my aunt after she dropped me back at my house. I had called my mom and told her most of what happened.

"No problem. Call me and tell me how tomorrow goes." She answered referring to me making up with Zayn at the football game.

I went to bed straight away. Exhausted from the night. I plugged my phone in and put some pajamas on. I hope tomorrow everything will be worked out.

___________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed :) Thanks for reading! Vote, comment, and fan!

-brianna xx