Chapter 23

"Don't ask!" Christian's deep voice full of anger said to Melinda as she was about to ask what was happening.

Melinda shifted her eyes away and sighed. "okay."

After a minute, their food arrived and they started digging in. Silently so.
They both kept stealing looks from each other as they ate but nobody said nothing until they were done.

"Do you want anything?" Christian asked Melinda

Melinda shook her head no." I'm full thank you."

You could feel the air of  awkwardness hanging around them.

Christian was furious.
Melinda   was curious.

"You still want to get to know me or you've changed your mind Carter?" Leaning back and arms crossed, Christian questioned.

Melinda sipped her wine." I haven't changed my mind." She said.

Christian nodded slowly.

" So how about we ask each other simple,ordinary questions first?" Melinda implied

"Well I know almost everything about you so you do the honors only." Christian told Melinda.

Melinda's eyebrows furrowed in perplexity.

"You know everyth-..ing about m-me??" She stammered,puzzled.

A snide smirk appeared on the corner of Christian's lips.

"You're Melinda Carter,21 years old. Favorite colour is green because of how you love serenity.
You went to Greenford High school. You were a netballer back then until you accidentally broke your leg while playing and from then, you never played again. You love muffins wholeheartedly and blue berries. You had a bestfriend back in high school who betrayed you by sleeping with your boyfriend,Aaron, at a party because they were excessively drunk and I do remember that he  was supposed to take your virginity that very same night. And lastly,you lost your mother when you were just six years old and later on when you were seventeen years old, you lost your father. "

Melinda remained agape. Her eyes widened and her heart beating fast. What Christian knew was more than Melinda had reckoned. She thought he knew what everybody else knew but he knew way much. To tell her the exact years when she lost her parents, was tremendously suprising.

"H-how did you know know all that?" Melinda questioned, inquisitively.

"I know everything about you Melinda Carter." Christian told her simply.

"I see..." Melinda said softly." It's just that,nobody knows all the stuff you just told me. Well except for the two people I live with. My mother and our maid." She explained to him.

"Leonora Carter,she's a smart woman that one.A successful gynaecologist in town. In her early 30's. Slim,tall and curvy just like you." Christian said to Melinda.

Melinda smiled." I see you've pretty much done your homework quite accurately."

Christian chuckled." It's not a homework if you didn't tell me to go search."

"I still can't get it off my head how you know such personal stuff. I mean they're personal for a reason." She gave a little laugh at the end.

"I have my ways Carter." Christian smirked.

"So who are you exactly?" Melinda asked.

"I'm the son of the late Minister of Health,Justice Blue and the late Catherine Blue. She was a therapist,a very smart young lady. I was born here and then moved to New York for a couple of years after the death of my parents. "