Chapter 3

Melinda stayed quiet for a moment and didn't shift at all.

"Hello?"

She looked down at the phone and gulped before picking it back up and placed it on her ear.

"I'm here,sorry about that..I wasn't thinking." She apologized, embarrassed.

"Clearly." His voice was bitter. " Meet me at the coffee shop at noon." He commanded.

Melinda was about to debate when the line went off.

Groaning in frustration, she went downstairs to eat breakfast.

She head to the kitchen where she could hear Sarah's movements.

Sarah Palin was their maid. She was a loyal,sweet and very humbled woman. She had been working for the Carters for full eighteen years. Melinda's mother looked up to her as her mother. Sarah was in her late forties.Medium sized. Plain white hair:Hazel eyes: Clear Skin since she was a very healthy woman. She lived and ate healthy. Also,she would join Melinda and Leonora when they Exercised.

"Good morning,Auntie Sarah." Melinda greeted bubbly as she entered the kitchen.

Sarah looked up and shot her a smile." Morning muffin."

Long time ago when Melinda's parents were still alive,they asked Sarah to bake and cook for the entire Carter's family. It was Melinda's Three years old birthday dinner and close family and friends came over. Sarah baked a very big,beautiful cake with Melinda's picture planted on top of it and she made cappuccino,chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. Sarah was known to be the best cook and Baker. That was a fact.

During dinner,Melinda sneaked out of the dinning room and went to the kitchen. Sarah got up to look for her and guess what? She found Melinda sitting on the floor,with a bowl full of muffins. Some were all over the floor since she was eating this one and that one.

"Melinda!" Sarah would scold sweetly at her.

"Oh-oh." Melinda would whisper to herself with a scared look on her face as she looked up at Sarah who had both her hands on her hips,staring down deadly at her.

Correction: A false deadly stare.

"Those were for the guest baby.":Sarah said kneeling down in front of Melinda,trying to pick up the ones that were still in shape.

"But it's my burf-dayyy!" Melinda whined,complaining.

Sarah let out a soft laugh." True that but you didn't have to come all the way here and mess all this muffins up."

Melinda helped Sarah pick up the muffins.

Sarah picked up the large bowl full of messed up muffins.  She put it on the large Island at the center of the kitchen and sighed.

"What now?" She sounded very worried.

"Sarah?" Melinda called out softly in her angelic baby voice.

Sarah looked down at the small thing beside her.

"Yes Melinda?" She would say in her sweet soft voice.

Melinda would stretch out both her tiny arms at Sarah and look fixedly at her.

"Up,up." She would say.

"Oh you're so heavy." Sarah would joke as she picked Melinda up into her arms and tickled her.

Melinda would giggle."No,no. Stop!pleaseee."

After a while of tickling and laughing,Sarah would put Melinda on top of the Island so her little legs would be hanging down.

She would notice the worry on Sarah's face as she let out several sighs.