Chapter 25

Melinda didn't know what to do or say. She was so scared that the inside of her palms became instantly sweaty.

"Y-yes it's me m-mother." She yelled out in a shaky voice.

"You'll have to sound normal if you don't want  her getting suspicious and end up coming down here only to find a half naked guy in her house, in her kitchen, with her half naked daughter." Christian said to Melinda with a smirk.

Melinda turned around immediately and her eyes fell on the half naked boy,smirking at her.

"Why the fudge did you take your shirt off?" Melinda questioned in a whispery.

"With you roaming around with your thighs exposed, it's hot in here." Christian mocked.

"Put back on that shirt Christian!" Melinda ordered in a whispery.

"Dominance doesn't suit you." Christian laughed.

"Now Christian!" Her voice rose a bit as she sounded pissed.

"Nop." He popped the 'p' in disagreement.

"Just put back the shir-.." Melinda didn't get to finish her sentence.

"Baby,what's going on?Why are you up during this time?" Leonora asked as she stood at the beginning of the stairs.

Melinda's heart started beating fast." I u-hm,I was getting some water. I couldn't sleep so I thought I should come down and get a glass of water."

"Well,finish up and get back to bed. Remember you have classes in just a few hours." Leonora said to her,yawning in the process.

"Ofcourse mother." Melinda said hastily.

"Okay then,let me get back to bed." Leonora announced turning around.

Melinda just hummed in response.

"Oh,I'm so thirsty too." Leonora said turning back around.

Melinda's eyes widen." Where are you going?" She asked stupidly.

"To the kitchen ofcourse." Leonora replied, trailing down the stairs.

"Oh-ohhh." Christian muttered in the kitchen.

Melinda quickly ran up the stairs to meet her halfway. She couldn't risk her mother going into the kitchen.

"But you look so tired and very sleepy." Melinda said faking a worried voice and look.

Leonora was about to respond when Melinda spoke.

"How about you go to bed and I'll bring you a glass of water?" Melinda suggested.

Leonora gave her daughter a faint smile." Thank you baby."

And then she went to bed. Melinda sighed heavily.

'It was so close.' She thought trailing back down the stairs.

Leonora was a hardwoker. She often worked nightshifts at the hospital and she'd be back home very tired.

Melinda poured Leonora a glass of water without replying to any of Christian's silly questions. She took the water upstairs into her mother's room.

Melinda went back to the kitchen and Christian was the first to speak.

"That was close..." Christian said nearing his steps to where Melinda was standing.

Melinda tried to back up but she ends up bumping into the kitchen stool.She wince in pain and before she could move,Christian picked her up and sat her down on the stool. He placed both his hands on each side of the stool. Making his face to be just an inch away from Melinda's.